Re: High school then and now

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:59:16 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:

    > HIGH SCHOOL - 1958 vs. 2008
    > Scenario 1:
    > Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school
    > parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
    > 1958 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his
    > car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
    > 2008 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail
    > and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for
    > traumatized students and teachers..

    In the late sixties when I was in highschool, we got our asses spanked
    royally for not wearing a belt. Even girls got spanked for dress code
    violations.

    Today, teachers can't so much as lay a hand on a kid for fear of being
    fired.

    One of our students got kicked out for having long hair. He sued the school
    board and they had to reinstate him. his hair was below the belt line.
    Which he kept better than most of the girls did, and teachers.

    In the Johnny Cash movie, filmed in cincinnati, "Pride of Jesse Hallam", in
    the final scenes, Cash was shown entering the high school. Even though the
    bell had rung to begin the class, the black kids {movie depiction} had a
    couple of boom boxes going and could care less. The teacher could not
    control them. So Cash took the boomboxes and tossed them out the window.
    You pull that stunt today, and you'd be faced with a multitude of racial
    charges, and lawsuits.

    richard, Nov 3, 2009

  2. richard

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:59:16 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> HIGH SCHOOL - 1958 vs. 2008
    >> Scenario 1:
    >> Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school
    >> parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
    >> 1958 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his
    >> car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
    >> 2008 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail
    >> and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for
    >> traumatized students and teachers..
    >>

    > In the late sixties when I was in highschool, we got our asses spanked
    > royally for not wearing a belt.

    Then you must be used to your daily spanking in
    here.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Nov 3, 2009

  3. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 12:37:13 -0800, Jordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Then you must be used to your daily spanking in
    >> here.

    > He was also dropped on his head a few too many times.
    >
    > Kind of sad really, the phone rings, he pisses himself. Someone knocks
    > on the door, he pisses himself.

    I didn't know that refrigerator boxes had doors.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Nov 3, 2009