Re: Hide your email address!!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "~misfit~" wrote
    > > Same here. I haven't had *one* of these nasties that others are

    compaining
    > > of.

    > you must have technically literate friends... as it also uses infected
    > peoples contacts as the from address... someone in the netherlands has my
    > email address... wankers...

    I do indeed. Why would I want any other sort? ;-)

    Incidently, I hear this new worm also trawls usenet logs on infected
    computers for addys. That's a previously un-tapped goldmine of addys from
    people who don't munge.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Sep 23, 2003

  2. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote
    > That's a previously un-tapped goldmine of addys from
    > people who don't munge.

    yeah... I used to munge, but I have found I get alot more email(legitimate)
    since I un-munged, and just heavily weighted the SAproxy rules against my
    usenet address's.
    T.N.O., Sep 23, 2003

  3. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote
    > According to Symantecs site :
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    > The worm:
    > "Searches the .html, .asp, .eml, .dbx, .wab, and .mbx files on the hard

    disk
    > for email addresses."
    >
    > Isn't one of those where newsgroup messages are stored? (Excuse my
    > ignorance)

    ..dbx in my version of OE.
    T.N.O., Sep 24, 2003