Re: Hi please, a reader verify this site.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Mar 7, 2009.

  1. EMB

    EMB Guest

    ChristianKnight wrote:
    > Has any group member used www.moneybookers.com?
    >
    > I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    > to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    > please help

    Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    playing with lithium batteries?

    EMB, Mar 7, 2009

  2. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    > ChristianKnight wrote:
    >> Has any group member used www.moneybookers.com?
    >>
    >> I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    >> to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    >> please help

    > Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    > playing with lithium batteries?

    Shhhh! Darwin at work......
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 7, 2009

  3. EMB

    Matty F Guest

    On Mar 8, 11:18 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    >
    > > ChristianKnight wrote:
    > >> Has any group member usedwww.moneybookers.com?

    > >> I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    > >> to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    > >> please help

    > > Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    > > playing with lithium batteries?

    > Shhhh! Darwin at work......

    Darwin say: "Death not necessary, just absence of copulation. Mission
    accomplished!"

    Matty F, Mar 8, 2009
  4. EMB

    Squiggle Guest

    Re: Hi please, a reader verify this site.

    On Mar 8, 11:31 pm, ChristianKnight <>
    wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 10:34 pm, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    > > ChristianKnight wrote:
    > > > Has any group member usedwww.moneybookers.com?

    > > > I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    > > > to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    > > > please help

    > > Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    > > playing with lithium batteries?

    > How many power tools blow up in peoples hands.

    How Many run lithium batteries.. not many, and those that do cost a
    fortune, partially due to the cost of the charger. Pulled apart a 36V
    DeWalt battery the other day, it contains what appears to be a pretty
    hefty charging controller including temp sensing and god knows what
    else. theres three high(ish) current pins, and about 16 other pins.

    > Very few Lap tops explode.

    Again, with the correct charger to charge them. Even if they don't
    explode, without the correct charging cycle the wont last long. Get
    them too hot and watch them die.

    > The Batteries shall be under a solid steel platform .

    That must be good for battery range, hauling around a solid steel
    plate....

    > It's an American mongoose scooter and I removed the seat .

    All of of it?? or did you leave the pole? ;)

    > I take your answer to signify the sites OK

    More fool you.

    > I shall complete the transaction.
    > Test the Batteries if they work purchase Bulk and sell them on
    > trademe.

    Make sure you take out liability insurance if you are thinking of
    selling these as drop in replacements for lead acid batteries. You'll
    be needing it by the sounds of it.

    Squiggle, Mar 8, 2009
  5. EMB

    EMB Guest

    ChristianKnight wrote:

    > How many power tools blow up in peoples hands.
    > Very few Lap tops explode.
    > The Batteries shall be under a solid steel platform .
    > It's an American mongoose scooter and I removed the seat .
    > I take your answer to signify the sites OK
    > I shall complete the transaction.
    > Test the Batteries if they work purchase Bulk and sell them on
    > trademe.

    You really don't have a clue do you? Go and get help, of both the
    electrical and psychological types before you kill someone.

    > Christ's love

    Christ's sake. (with apologies to whoever started using the phrase in
    this setting)

    EMB, Mar 8, 2009
  6. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Matty F wrote:
    > On Mar 8, 11:18 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:

    >>> Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or
    >>> explosion playing with lithium batteries?

    >> Shhhh! Darwin at work......

    > Darwin say: "Death not necessary, just absence of copulation. Mission
    > accomplished!"

    Indeed. Still, a 'belt and braces' approach here wouldn't be amiss...
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 8, 2009
  7. EMB

    Richard Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > ChristianKnight wrote:
    >>
    >> How many power tools blow up in peoples hands.
    >> Very few Lap tops explode.
    >> The Batteries shall be under a solid steel platform .
    >> It's an American mongoose scooter and I removed the seat .
    >> I take your answer to signify the sites OK
    >> I shall complete the transaction.
    >> Test the Batteries if they work purchase Bulk and sell them on
    >> trademe.

    > You really don't have a clue do you? Go and get help, of both the
    > electrical and psychological types before you kill someone.
    >
    >> Christ's love

    > Christ's sake. (with apologies to whoever started using the phrase in
    > this setting)

    I will be quite intrigued to see the resulting news story about an
    exploding cripple scooter on tv with hopefully some funny pictures of
    one on fire or something. ;)

    Richard, Mar 9, 2009
  8. EMB

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message
    On Mar 7, 10:34 pm, EMB <> wrote:
    > ChristianKnight wrote:
    > > Has any group member usedwww.moneybookers.com?

    > > I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    > > to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    > > please help

    > Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    > playing with lithium batteries?

    I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    Christ';'s love

    ----

    That doesn't sound very Christian. Has your halo slipped?

    --
    Jack Spratt

    Jack Spratt, Mar 9, 2009
  9. EMB

    EMB Guest

    ChristianKnight wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 10:34 pm, EMB <> wrote:
    >> ChristianKnight wrote:
    >>> Has any group member usedwww.moneybookers.com?
    >>> I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    >>> to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    >>> please help

    >> Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    >> playing with lithium batteries?

    > I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    > Christ';'s love

    A full public retraction and apology (both here and in print in the
    national daily papers) for your slur on my character is required
    forthwith in order to dissuade me from taking a libel action against you.

    I have already requested your details from your ISP, and also asked the
    Police to obtain and forward your details to me so I can serve you with
    the appropriate documents.

    Additionally once I have those details I will apply to have you assessed
    under Section 8 of the Mental Health Act 1992, the provisions of which
    you are undoubtedly familiar with.

    In short apologise immediately, or wear the consequences of your actions.

    EMB, Mar 9, 2009
  10. EMB

    Jack Spratt Guest

    On Mar 9, 9:52 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    wrote:
    > "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    > On Mar 7, 10:34 pm, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    > > ChristianKnight wrote:
    > > > Has any group member usedwww.moneybookers.com?

    > > > I am negotiating with a Chinese company to export me lithium battries
    > > > to run my scooter replacing lead acid battries.
    > > > please help

    > > Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    > > playing with lithium batteries?

    > I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    > Christ';'s love
    >
    > ----
    >
    > That doesn't sound very Christian. Has your halo slipped?
    >
    > --
    > Jack Spratt

    Thats way off topic New sprog
    Christ's love

    -----

    In English please... have you been at the communion wine?

    --
    Jack Spratt

    Jack Spratt, Mar 9, 2009
  11. EMB

    Squiggle Guest

    Re: Hi please, a reader verify this site.

    On Mar 9, 9:14 pm, ChristianKnight <>
    wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 12:38 am, Squiggle <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 8, 11:31 pm, ChristianKnight <>
    > > wrote:

    > > > How many power tools blow up in peoples hands.

    > > How Many run lithium batteries.. not many, and those that do cost a
    > > fortune, partially due to the cost of the charger. Pulled apart a 36V
    > > DeWalt battery the other day, it contains what appears to be a pretty
    > > hefty charging controller including temp sensing and god knows what
    > > else. theres three high(ish) current pins, and about 16 other pins.

    > > > Very few Lap tops explode.

    > > Again, with the correct charger to charge them. Even if they don't
    > > explode, without the correct charging cycle the wont last long.  Get
    > > them too hot and watch them die.

    > > > The Batteries shall be under a solid steel platform .

    > > That must be good for battery range, hauling around a solid steel
    > > plate....

    > > > It's an American mongoose scooter and I removed the seat .

    > > All of of it??  or did you leave the pole? ;)

    > > > I take your answer to signify the sites OK

    > > More fool you.

    > > > I shall complete the transaction.
    > > > Test the Batteries if they work purchase Bulk and sell them on
    > > > trademe.

    > > Make sure you take out liability insurance if you are thinking of
    > > selling these as drop in replacements for lead acid batteries. You'll
    > > be needing it by the sounds of it.

    > Good point .
    > I shall write the Chargers specifications onto an email to the
    > negotiator and inquire if my lead Acid charger is able to handel the
    > same task.

    It's not. Depending on the type of charger it will need adjustment at
    the very least, or if it the type that trickle charges once the
    battery is charged it needs to have that feature removed.

    > I imagine 12 volts 10 AH is the same . At least close enough to accept
    > the same low 1.5 volt rechrging rate. Like I have written I shall test
    > when the Battries arrive.

    Do you even know what to test for? Somehow i doubt it. 1.5volt
    charging rate? do you mean 1.5 Amp charging rate? or do you mean 1.5
    volts per cell charging voltage? 1.5V/cell will not work for Li-ion,
    they need about twice that from what I recall.

    > If it works on my scooter it shall work on a lawn mower.
    > You compare a power tool run on Lead Acid to one on Lithium and see if
    > the Charging voltage is different for the same output to realise
    > wheather my supposing similiar is correct if you have the time please.

    Sure, i'll only charge you $40/hour plus relevant expenses.

    Squiggle, Mar 9, 2009
  12. Re: Hi please, a reader verify this site.

    On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:25:29 +1300, Jack Spratt
    <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in

    > "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 9, 9:52 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >> "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    >>> Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    >>> playing with lithium batteries?

    >> I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    >> Christ';'s love
    >>
    >> ----
    >>
    >> That doesn't sound very Christian. Has your halo slipped?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jack Spratt

    > Thats way off topic New sprog
    > Christ's love
    >
    > -----
    >
    > In English please... have you been at the communion wine?

    It's full moon tomorrow.

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Mar 9, 2009
  13. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs ChristianKnight wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 10:25 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >> "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    >> On Mar 9, 9:52 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    >>> I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    >>> Christ';'s love

    >>> ----

    >>> That doesn't sound very Christian. Has your halo slipped?

    >>> --
    >>> Jack Spratt

    >> Thats way off topic New sprog
    >> Christ's love

    Nothing is off topic when you sign off with "Christ's love" and then act
    un-Christian.

    >> In English please... have you been at the communion wine?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jack Spratt- Hide quoted text -

    First you say it's off topic, then you go into this.....

    > Jesus made water wine.

    Once, at a wedding in Cana. It is considered one of his (few) miracles.

    > He was not allowed to drink any made from
    > fruit from the vine.

    When did you make that one up? You take the one example of him being a drug
    pusher (ethanol) at a wedding and 'CK' it into a faith? There are many
    mentions of Yeshua drinking wine in the bible. Are you suggesting that
    'rolling his own' was part of his daily ritual? (Get up, take a dump, brush
    teeth, turn some water into wine to have with tonight's dinner.)

    Are *you* a jew? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazarite

    > or a Nazarene.

    You THINK? You shape your life to a set of principles and you aren't even
    sure about them?

    > To follow Jesus above his Desciples you to must be a Nazarene.

    Which is an odd thing to say since the disciples were possibly the first
    Nazarenes.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazarene_(sect)

    "To follow Jesus above his Desciples" [sic]? Are you suggesting that you are
    more of a force for the furtherance of Xtianity than the disciples? You put
    yourself above those who wrote parts of the bible?

    > Therefore I am not allowed to drink communion if it is really from
    > grapes.

    Now you're just making it up as you go along! Cite please where you get your
    beliefs from. (Or do you get up each morning and make water from wine?)

    > My Church is the Street. The Hall. The Crowded office. Anywhere where
    > two or more Christians gather . There also is the son of God in
    > spirit.

    In other words no congregation will have you. (... and it sounds like you
    have a messiah complex to boot).

    (I know, I know, I shouldn't prod the looney...)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 9, 2009
  14. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:25:29 +1300, Jack Spratt
    > <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mar 9, 9:52 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>> "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    >>> I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    >>> Christ';'s love
    >>>
    >>> ----
    >>>
    >>> That doesn't sound very Christian. Has your halo slipped?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jack Spratt

    >> Thats way off topic New sprog
    >> Christ's love
    >>
    >> -----
    >>
    >> In English please... have you been at the communion wine?

    > It's full moon tomorrow.

    Indeed. I'm looking forward to celebrating it. Us pagans like full moons.

    (Us werewolves do too...)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 9, 2009
  15. Re: Hi please, a reader verify this site.

    On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:45:15 +1300, ~misfit~ <>
    wrote in <news:gp4660$595$>:

    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>
    >> It's full moon tomorrow.

    > Indeed. I'm looking forward to celebrating it. Us pagans like full moons.
    >
    > (Us werewolves do too...)

    OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Mar 9, 2009
  16. EMB

    Jack Spratt Guest

    wrote:
    > "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    > On Mar 9, 9:52 pm, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message

    > > > Do you have any idea of how likely you are to have a fire or explosion
    > > > playing with lithium batteries?

    > > I bet none of your date rape victims no the difference drug pimp.
    > > Christ';'s love

    > > ----

    > > That doesn't sound very Christian. Has your halo slipped?

    > > --
    > > Jack Spratt

    > Thats way off topic New sprog
    > Christ's love
    >
    > -----
    >
    > In English please... have you been at the communion wine?
    >
    > --
    > Jack Spratt- Hide quoted text -

    Jesus made water wine. He was not allowed to drink any made from
    fruit from the vine. Jesus was an Nazarite. I think that's the right
    word or a Nazarene.
    To follow Jesus above his Desciples you to must be a Nazarene.
    Therefore I am not allowed to drink communion if it is really from
    grapes.
    My Church is the Street. The Hall. The Crowded office. Anywhere where
    two or more Christians gather . There also is the son of God in
    spirit.
    Christ's love

    ------

    I'll take that as a yes