    news:Y98La.87450$:

    [snip]

    Where have you been?????????????????

    Boomer, Jun 28, 2003

  2. On the crackling parchment of
    news:3efd1903$0$209$,
    Boomer <Boomer.__.Baby._.@.hotmaill.com> furiously scribbled out the following:
    > "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in
    > news:Y98La.87450$:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > Where have you been?????????????????

    Deployment...a 6 month WestPac that got extended to 9 months due to the Iraq
    war. I had to go back to sea duty in September 2001 (unrelated to 9/11...I was
    on leave in mid-transfer when that happened) and I've been at sea A LOT since
    (75%+ for me at sea since September 19th 2001). That's why I'm not on Usenet
    much anymore...even in port my work hours are usually pretty long, though since
    we were deployed for 9 months they are leaving us alone for most of the rest of
    this year (I think we have about 25-35 days at sea between April 24th and the
    end of the year).

    --
    Robert Schumacher
    http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Thank you for your service to our country!!!!

    Pete Angelakos

    Pete Angelakos, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Boomer

    Boomer Guest

    "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in

    > On the crackling parchment of
    > Boomer <Boomer.__.Baby._.@.hotmaill.com> furiously scribbled out
    > the following:
    >> "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Where have you been?????????????????

    > Deployment...a 6 month WestPac that got extended to 9 months due
    > to the Iraq
    > war. I had to go back to sea duty in September 2001 (unrelated to
    > 9/11...I was on leave in mid-transfer when that happened) and I've
    > been at sea A LOT since (75%+ for me at sea since September 19th
    > 2001). That's why I'm not on Usenet much anymore...even in port
    > my work hours are usually pretty long, though since we were
    > deployed for 9 months they are leaving us alone for most of the
    > rest of this year (I think we have about 25-35 days at sea between
    > April 24th and the end of the year).

    Glad you are safe and on terra firma now.
    Welcome back! :)

    Boomer, Jun 28, 2003
  5. On the crackling parchment of
    Boomer <Boomer.__.Baby._.@.hotmaill.com> penned the following prose:
    > "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in
    >
    >> On the crackling parchment of
    >> Boomer <Boomer.__.Baby._.@.hotmaill.com> furiously scribbled out
    >> the following:
    >>> "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in
    >>>
    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Where have you been?????????????????

    >> Deployment...a 6 month WestPac that got extended to 9 months due
    >> to the Iraq
    >> war. I had to go back to sea duty in September 2001 (unrelated to
    >> 9/11...I was on leave in mid-transfer when that happened) and I've
    >> been at sea A LOT since (75%+ for me at sea since September 19th
    >> 2001). That's why I'm not on Usenet much anymore...even in port
    >> my work hours are usually pretty long, though since we were
    >> deployed for 9 months they are leaving us alone for most of the
    >> rest of this year (I think we have about 25-35 days at sea between
    >> April 24th and the end of the year).

    > Glad you are safe and on terra firma now.
    > Welcome back! :)

    Thanks, Boomer...I am surely glad to be back...funny thing, after 9 months
    deployed (and mostly at sea, all on a sub) I was so pale that, despite the fact
    that I have lived in Hawaii for 7 years locals thought I was a tourist :)

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 29, 2003
  6. Boomer

    Boomer Guest

    "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in

    > On the crackling parchment of
    > Boomer <Boomer.__.Baby._.@.hotmaill.com> penned the following
    > prose:

    [snip]

    >> Glad you are safe and on terra firma now.
    >> Welcome back! :)

    > Thanks, Boomer...I am surely glad to be back...funny thing, after
    > 9 months deployed (and mostly at sea, all on a sub) I was so pale
    > that, despite the fact that I have lived in Hawaii for 7 years
    > locals thought I was a tourist :)

    lol

    Boomer, Jun 30, 2003