Re: Hey what kind of software can do that?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desk Rabbit, Mar 25, 2009.

  1. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Sarah Houston wrote:
    > This software sounds fascinating, for tracking demographics of my web
    > page stats. Any idea what it is?

    A log file analyser. You will need access to your raw log files from
    your web server and a program like awstats http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

    Your web hosting provider may already provide this or something similar
    through their control panel.
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 25, 2009

  2. Sarah Houston wrote:

    > Desk Rabbit <> wrote :
    >> Sarah Houston wrote:
    >>> This software sounds fascinating, for tracking demographics of my
    >>> web page stats. Any idea what it is?

    >> A log file analyser. You will need access to your raw log files from
    >> your web server and a program like awstats
    >> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

    > Does that show who visits?

    By IP, usually.

    >> Your web hosting provider may already provide this or something
    >> similar through their control panel.

    > Checked, but no.

    I've never seen a web host's control panel that didn't have stats
    available to view. What are they using as a control panel?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 29, 2009

  3. Sarah Houston wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote :
    >> Sarah Houston wrote:

    >>> Does that show who visits?

    >> By IP, usually.

    >>> Checked, but no.

    >> I've never seen a web host's control panel that didn't have stats
    >> available to view. What are they using as a control panel?

    > No idea.

    The name of the software of the control panel will be somewhere on the
    login page. Like "cPanel" or "Plesk" or "Webmin" ...

    Who is your web hosting company?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 29, 2009
  4. Desk Rabbit

    G. Morgan Guest

    Sarah Houston wrote:

    >> I've never seen a web host's control panel that didn't have stats
    >> available to view. What are they using as a control panel?
    >>

    >No idea.

    God dammit woman, you sure are making this difficult.

    Format your freakin hard drive.
    G. Morgan, Mar 29, 2009
  5. Desk Rabbit

    olfart Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > Sarah Houston wrote:
    >
    >>> I've never seen a web host's control panel that didn't have stats
    >>> available to view. What are they using as a control panel?
    >>>

    >>No idea.

    > God dammit woman, you sure are making this difficult.
    >
    > Format your freakin hard drive.

    OK...No Nookie for you Big guy
    olfart, Mar 29, 2009
  6. Desk Rabbit

    G. Morgan Guest

    olfart wrote:

    >OK...No Nookie for you Big guy

    This is the same woman who asked for advice on installing a phone in her
    toilet area... so she can answer business calls.

    This is also the same poster whom opened the thread with a copy/paste of
    content from a politically charged website content without properly
    attributing it.

    Her question was answered in this thread, twice.

    And now, she is refusing to give up vital information that would help her
    understand the server logs and such.

    Maybe I'm getting too bent out of shape, but that last reply to BtS of "no
    idea", and nothing else, irked me.
    G. Morgan, Mar 29, 2009
  7. G. Morgan wrote:

    > Maybe I'm getting too bent out of shape, but that last reply to BtS of "no
    > idea", and nothing else, irked me.

    Please, that's either "BTS" or "bts" but not "BtS" which is too similar
    to "RtS" (and you know who that is). Thank you very much. :)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 29, 2009
  8. Desk Rabbit

    G. Morgan Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe I'm getting too bent out of shape, but that last reply to BtS of "no
    >> idea", and nothing else, irked me.

    >Please, that's either "BTS" or "bts" but not "BtS" which is too similar
    >to "RtS" (and you know who that is). Thank you very much. :)

    LOL... I thought about that 'after' I hit the send button. I thought I'd keep
    quiet and see if it would fly. :~|

    Sorry bout that!
    G. Morgan, Mar 29, 2009
  9. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Sarah Houston wrote:
    > Desk Rabbit <> wrote :
    >
    >> Sarah Houston wrote:
    >>> This software sounds fascinating, for tracking demographics of my
    >>> web page stats. Any idea what it is?

    >> A log file analyser. You will need access to your raw log files from
    >> your web server and a program like awstats
    >> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

    > Does that show who visits?

    It reports on what is in your logs. Does you log show who visits?
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 30, 2009