Re: Hey Kathy, a while back didn't you post a little thing to help remember IRQ and DMA assignments?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Geoff, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    BloGuts wrote:
    > Kathy,
    >
    > I just started studing for my cert but have been lurking in this group
    > for awhile. Hope I got the right person. If not sorry to have bothered
    > you.
    >
    > Thanks

    dunno dma off hand
    although
    2 floppy drive
    3 printer
    4 host controler
    thats from my pc

    irq's
    0 system timer
    1 keyboard
    2 shared or free
    3 com2
    4 com1
    5 free or sound card isn't it ?
    6 floppy drive
    7 printer
    8 free
    9 shared/acpi controller
    10 free
    11 free
    12 ps2 mouse
    13 numeric processor (FPU)
    14 primary ide
    15 sec ide

    although this is a list from my modern pc
    (it's quite different from older pc's, we are talking pentium 1 i think here
    (anyone?)
    don't use this list on a test, use it to compare

    IRQ 0 System timer OK
    IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
    IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK
    IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
    IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
    IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
    IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
    IRQ 10 Conexant's BtPCI WDM Audio Capture OK
    IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse OK
    IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
    IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
    IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
    IRQ 16 Conexant's BtPCI WDM Video Capture OK
    IRQ 17 Platypus QikDrive OK
    IRQ 18 RADEON 7000 SERIES OK
    IRQ 18 Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller OK
    IRQ 19 HPT370 UDMA/ATA100 RAID Controller OK
    IRQ 19 RADEON 9800 PRO OK
    IRQ 20 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
    IRQ 20 NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MCP Audio Processing Unit (Dolby(R) Digital) OK
    IRQ 21 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK
    IRQ 21 NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface OK
    IRQ 21 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
    IRQ 22 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
    IRQ 22 NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller OK

    Geoff, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    > 8 free