  1. Trendkill

    Trendkill Guest

    Line breaks would be helpful.

    Trendkill, Feb 9, 2009

  2. Trendkill

    bod43 Guest

    On 9 Feb, 12:28, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > Line breaks would be helpful.

    While I wouldn't disagree, this reminds me of something I have
    seen a few times.

    I have noticed that the hotmail login request - the data sent
    when you press "login" or whatever it is called, does not fit
    in a single packet and results in one full size segment and
    a second smaller segment (this was years ago and may
    have changed).

    If path MTU discovery is not working then the first packet
    can get dropped by your router.

    Without fully analysing the config I wonder if
    changing

    interface BVI1
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    to something significantly smaller
    just might magically fix it.

    I notice that your VLAN 1 adjust-mss is 1412. That seems OK
    unless you are using ipsec in which case I use 1300.

    I see no point is trying to trim it to the last byte.

    1452 seems reasonable (1460 - (1500 - 1492)
    but with many TCP options enabled I suppose
    you might be running out of that.

    Maybe enabling the firewall is breaking Path MTU
    discovery?

    If required please state the exact commands for
    "disabling/enabling" the firewall.

    bod43, Feb 9, 2009

  3. >> Line breaks would be helpful.
    sorry for the missing Line breaks!

    I managed to get the Live-Messenger working. It was the deep inspections of
    the IOS FW.
    I disabled deep inspection and voila no more problems.

    Thanks for your efforts.

    Andy

    Andreas Heinzelmann, Feb 10, 2009