Re: Help with Foreign MP3s

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mitch, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Brenus
    <> wrote:

    > Help! I requested some mp3s from a french band & someone was cool enough to
    > put like three albums worth of mp3s out there in the alt.
    > binaries.sounds.mp3.french newsgroup. Problem is that I can't find any
    > attached files. Usually there is an mp3 file in the first bit/line of data, I
    > highlight all the appropriate ones, and then decode & compile. But when it is
    > all finished there is no mp3 that shows up in the window to click on & begin
    > playing. Anyone have a clue on this? I'm dying to get this french stuff!

    When it is finished, you are supposed to find a file you have
    downloaded to your computer in the place where you set it to store
    them.

    This isn't the Web -- you were never meant to find anything but text in
    the message window. You should never see multimedia, sounds, movies,
    Web sites, animations, or icons for files in the message. (Most
    newsreaders do process images inside message windows -- this is an
    exception because it is convenient.)
    Mitch, Jul 16, 2003