Re: help with computer not working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Carlos, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    First get it to a minimum... power supply, mother board, cpu, fan, memory
    and vid card only.
    If you have the extra parts then start swapping.
    I suggest first with the Video card cause it's the easiest to swap.
    Then the Fan (yes fans can cause this)
    then the CPU...
    Before checking the mother board I would swap the power supply (again just
    easier)
    Carlos
    www.canadianpc.com

    "B coivrick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > My computer with win xp 256 ram AIW 128 video card abit motherboard.
    > cpu 1000
    >
    > all has been well with my computer for like a year, now it will not post
    > No beep just a black screen.
    > I do hear the hard drivers kicking in, and see the cd rom light go on.
    > So what do you think it could be? I made this system like a year ago and

    it

    Carlos, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Carlos

    Danny Guest

    How the hell can fans cause this?

    Danny, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Carlos

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Danny continued:

    > How the hell can fans cause this?

    Could be anything in the case, best to eliminate everything with a
    connection to the mobo.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Carlos

    eck eck Guest

    get known good parts and do the 'ol selective interchange =))

    > > How the hell can fans cause this?

    cuz some fans turn into Stalkers, thats why Madonna have 7 bodyguards =P

    eck eck, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Carlos

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as eck eck continued:

    >>> How the hell can fans cause this?

    > cuz some fans turn into Stalkers, thats why Madonna have 7 bodyguards
    > =P

    Badoomp-Cha!!
    --
    slumpy