Re: Help with Chipset Fan

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by «bonehead;\), Oct 31, 2004.

  1. "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > the fan just screws on to the heatsink, I have had it off of the chipset
    > before to but a drop of oil in it. It was whining about a year ago. The
    > oil did great until this week, now it is completely dead.

    Well if this is your precious server you overly sensitive puke, you might
    want to replace the fan as soon as possible, (which would require opening
    the case)
    so as not to cripple the mainboard, considering how cramped it is to begin
    with...
    Seeing as the heatsinks on chipsets vary widely in size, as well as if it is
    a 2/3 wire
    clip, visual inspection is the proper procedure...
    Gee here's a picture...
    http://202.133.242.100/gigabyte/MB/8ihxp/8ihxppage2.htm

    If you don't like my sense of humor, that's too bad...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Oct 31, 2004

  2. «bonehead;\)

    me Guest

    you really do need like making an ass of yourself don't you. Learn to read
    the question and actually try and help--that is why you are here isn't it?
    You're not simply here to try and flame are you? Had you read the question
    you would know that he wanted to determine the size without having to open
    the case any more than absolutely necessary. Now who among us here enjoys
    opening our cases when we don't have to? Who wouldn't seek help if it could
    avoid damaging precious and expensive parts?

    "«bonehead;)" <> wrote in message

    > "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > > the fan just screws on to the heatsink, I have had it off of the chipset
    > > before to but a drop of oil in it. It was whining about a year ago.

    The
    > > oil did great until this week, now it is completely dead.
    > >

    > Well if this is your precious server you overly sensitive puke, you might
    > want to replace the fan as soon as possible, (which would require opening
    > the case)
    > so as not to cripple the mainboard, considering how cramped it is to begin
    > with...
    > Seeing as the heatsinks on chipsets vary widely in size, as well as if it

    is
    > a 2/3 wire
    > clip, visual inspection is the proper procedure...
    > Gee here's a picture...
    > http://202.133.242.100/gigabyte/MB/8ihxp/8ihxppage2.htm
    >
    > If you don't like my sense of humor, that's too bad...
    >

    > --
    > <B0N3H3@D>
    > "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert

    Einstein

    me, Oct 31, 2004

  3. top posters suck....

    «bonehead;\), Oct 31, 2004
  4. "me" <> wrote in message
    > you really do need like making an ass of yourself don't you. Learn to

    read
    > the question and actually try and help--that is why you are here isn't it?
    > You're not simply here to try and flame are you? Had you read the

    question
    > you would know that he wanted to determine the size without having to open
    > the case any more than absolutely necessary. Now who among us here enjoys
    > opening our cases when we don't have to? Who wouldn't seek help if it

    could
    > avoid damaging precious and expensive parts?

    Personally I wouldn't have a problem opening my case to find the pertinent
    information...
    At the same time as a technician who isn't afraid of opening my case, I have
    a plethora
    of various sized replacement fans in case of just such an emergency....

    After all this I'm wondering why he didn't replace the fan when it was
    whining
    about a year ago... seeing as it is such a pain to get too... and the case
    has such
    delicate and expensive parts...

    Seeing as SBFan2000 is so self righteous that he didn't provide a reason
    for needing the size info until his third post in the thread... I presumed
    he was
    just too lazy to open his case to actually find the information out
    firsthand...
    which is a common in this forum... you know like asking questions without
    doing a little
    research yourself...

    I have been using this newsgroup for years, I have provided plenty of
    assistance in that time...
    I have also been assisted as well,
    SBFan2000 went straight for his gun and questioned my abilities as well as
    started the name calling.
    Bite Me...

    I also have a sense of humor, which appearently you don't find funny...

    F*ck Ya if Ya can't take a joke...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Oct 31, 2004
  5. «bonehead;\)

    me Guest

    I don't intend on getting into an argument with you on this. I simply asked
    a very simple question and made a comment--that you must enjoy making an ass
    out of yourself by always acting like a smartass kid who is always trying to
    show how much "smarter" you are by giving some wiseass crack instead of
    trying to help and learn. Whether I top post or not--I'm not here to argue
    with you on that. I am here to learn and if you can't understand that
    concept then I feel bad for you. You have a wonderful day now.

    me, Oct 31, 2004
  6. On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:23:30 -0500, "me" <> wrote:

    >you really do need like making an ass of yourself don't you. Learn to read
    >the question and actually try and help--that is why you are here isn't it?
    >You're not simply here to try and flame are you? Had you read the question
    >you would know that he wanted to determine the size without having to open
    >the case any more than absolutely necessary. Now who among us here enjoys
    >opening our cases when we don't have to? Who wouldn't seek help if it could
    >avoid damaging precious and expensive parts?

    I actually have my cover off most of the time...of course, if I ever
    get up-to-date, processor-wise, that'll have to change. A 566 Celeron
    doesn't need a lot of cooling. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 31, 2004
  7. «bonehead;\)

    me Guest

    I used to run with mine off too, but stopped that changed after I realized
    that the fans collect dust like crazy and that the parts can burn up because
    of it. So now I disdain taking my cover off unless I have to in order to
    add a part, or fix something hardware wise. I am running an Athlon3000+
    with lots of extra cooling.....But that wasn't my point to bonehead. My
    point was that this person can't seem to speak rationally with anyone when
    answering a post--its almost as if this individual wants to flame people.

    me, Oct 31, 2004
  8. "me" <> wrote in message
    > I used to run with mine off too, but stopped that changed after I realized
    > that the fans collect dust like crazy and that the parts can burn up

    because
    > of it. So now I disdain taking my cover off unless I have to in order to
    > add a part, or fix something hardware wise. I am running an Athlon3000+
    > with lots of extra cooling.....But that wasn't my point to bonehead. My
    > point was that this person can't seem to speak rationally with anyone when
    > answering a post--its almost as if this individual wants to flame people.

    You seem to be taking the whole thing way to personally... What's
    Rationality...
    I made a one liner remark and suddenly I'm flaming people... If you think
    that
    one liner was a flame, you need to get out of the kitchen, because the heat
    isn't even turned on yet.You;ll need to growa thicker skin or usenet is
    gonna
    eat you alive...
    Appearently your a rookie to the game...
    I could just see you in the real working world now, someone makes
    a comment you don't like and it's off to the HR dept. or a lawyer to file a
    harrassment
    claim because your feelings got hurt...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    In Cyberspace, the First Amendment is a local ordinance.
    John Perry Barlow

    «bonehead;\), Oct 31, 2004
  9. «bonehead;\)

    me Guest

    far from it. What I dislike is when someone asks a simple question and the
    only response that another individual can come up with is a wisecrack or a
    smartass answer that had absolutely nothing to do with the original question
    to begin with..
    As for your comment that I am a "rookie to the game" depends on what your
    definition of rookie is. True I may only recently have gotten my A+
    certification, and I am proud of that achievement, but I have been messing
    with computers for years prior to that. So no, strictly speaking I'm not a
    rookie. Now as for your comment about "being off to the HR dept or an
    atty. because my feelings might get hurt in a business setting"--you seem to
    making assertions out of whole cloth. My comment which started all of this
    in the first place was simply that "you seem to enjoy making an ass out of
    yourself because you can't seem to give a simple answer without trying to
    make those who asked the question in the first place feel stupid or lame".
    I stand behind that statement, based on what I have read in this thread.
    And no, usenet has not and will never eat me alive.
    Have a wonderful day.

    me, Nov 1, 2004