Re: HELP!!!! TRIPPED OVER POWER SUPPLY!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Prisoner at War, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. On Nov 27, 5:24 pm, "James Sweet" <> wrote:

    > Is it a switchmode power supply? Often those fail in a way such that they
    > work fine but can't start up from cold. Often it's dried up capacitors. You
    > may have also cracked a solder joint or jarred something else loose if the
    > mechanical shock yanked on the power supply itself or the keyboard. Should
    > be an easy fix either way for someone who works on electronics.

    Hopefully nothing's wrong with the keyboard at all, and hopefully it's
    simply an easy fix if so...I guess the first order of business would
    be to get a new adapter and see if maybe -- hopefully -- that isn't
    the matter...I don't know whether I have a switchmode power supply
    (whatever that is) or what, but I can't help but get
    hysterical...electronics are always failing on me for one reason or
    another: sometimes for no reason at all! For example, I typically get
    only a year or two of use out of any DVD Player I've ever owned before
    they one day just stop working, either properly or at all! And lately
    I've got two discs which simply won't play anymore, despite my not
    having played the movies in months, and their surfaces being in
    pristine condition....
    Prisoner at War, Nov 28, 2007