    or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat. heh
    heh

    thanks for your imput
    Nick, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t

    the
    > exchange.
    >
    > I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve heard

    > few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
    > zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that he
    > had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
    > affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
    > without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download

    sygate
    > or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat.

    heh
    > heh
    >
    > thanks for your imput

    Just to say also that I reinstalled the whole thing last night. Last night
    nd now, this machine is as solid as a rock. and that was b 4 telecom looked
    at it. so to be honest I dont think it was the phone line
    Nick, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Nick

    JedMeister Guest

    I run xp with the free-zonealarm download and it has worked perfectly since
    I installed about 1 year ago. Also, I use cisco vpn client and it
    co-exists perfectly with zone alarm.

    misconfigurations

    JedMeister, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    > I run xp with the free-zonealarm download and it has worked perfectly

    since
    > I installed about 1 year ago. Also, I use cisco vpn client and it
    > co-exists perfectly with zone alarm.
    >

    > misconfigurations
    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > > Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t

    > the
    > > exchange.
    > >
    > > I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve

    heard
    > > few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
    > > zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that

    he
    > > had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
    > > affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
    > > without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download

    > sygate
    > > or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat.

    > heh
    > > heh
    > >
    > > thanks for your imput

    Used to run well with my xp too. Perhaps it doesnt like something about me.
    stuffed if I know
    Nick, Feb 18, 2004
  5. "Nick" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    > > I run xp with the free-zonealarm download and it has worked perfectly
    > > since I installed about 1 year ago. Also, I use cisco vpn client and it
    > > co-exists perfectly with zone alarm.

    [...]
    > Used to run well with my xp too. Perhaps it doesnt like something about me.
    > stuffed if I know

    But you can set ZA to alert you whenever it blocks anything by using the "Privacy Advisor" in Privacy ->
    Cookie Control -> Custom, and also with Alerts & Logs -> "Alert Events Shown" set to high.

    Tony.
    The Black Wibble, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Nick

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:36:23 +1300, Nick wrote:

    > Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t the
    > exchange.
    >
    > I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve heard a
    > few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
    > zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that he
    > had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
    > affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
    > without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download sygate
    > or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat. heh
    > heh
    >
    > thanks for your imput

    Use Kerio personal firewall.

    Oh, and a spell checker ;)

    --

    .... Brendan

    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on
    unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of
    unsuspecting musicians.

    Note: All comments are copyright 19/02/2004 4:03:49 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Feb 19, 2004