Re: Help - Share and NTFS Permissions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Jan 20, 2007.

  1. treat shared and ntfs permission as separate entities.

    calculate the least restrictive setting for shared.

    calculate the least restrictive setting for ntfs.

    now for the effective setting that the user will experience
    take the most restrictive setting between the two entities ntfs
    and shared

    that's your effective setting. if one is deny , effective is deny

    Enjoy! haha

    Keith Chilton, Jan 20, 2007