Re: Help Setup a Home network

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Frederic, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Frederic

    Frederic Guest

    install 2 network cards in computer A
    connect internet to computer A Set IP to DHCP
    install ICF this will set a static IP for this card.
    connect the hub to the second network card of computer A
    connect computer B to the hub
    in computer B Set IP to DHCP

    ISP ----- [nic #1 - A - nic #2 ] ------ hub ----- [nic #3 - B]
    DHCP Static DHCP

    --
    Frederic
    MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIWA, A+

    "Raymond" <> wrote in message
    > I have a cable modem with cable internet connected to a network hub to

    share
    > internet connnection between two computers. The two window xp computers
    > connnected to the hub to share internet. I want to set up a network to
    > share file and folder though that hub, but window xp says this kind of
    > network configuration is not recommended. XP gives a warning saying this
    > wizard enable internet connection firewall(ICF) on this computer. ICF

    will
    > protect this computer from internet security threats, but it might also
    > prevent this computer from sharing file with other computers on your
    > network. I went ahead and accept this setting, but the network won't

    work.
    > I can't see anything. What is other ways I can set up a home network
    > through a hub at the same time able to share internet access, or I can

    only

    Frederic, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Frederic

    Raymond Guest

    You meant the router hub or just the regular hub?

    Thank Fed, I am going to try everything.

    Raymond, Dec 31, 2003