Re: help pls:- pbxes.org , using two sipgate numbers , how to setupso my sip based phone knows which

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Jul 12, 2011.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:57:12 +0100, nospam wrote:

    > Hi , i am happily using 2 sipgate U.K numbers into my pbxes.org free
    > account , it connects and works fine..
    >
    > but how do i set up the pbxes.org account to show me which number has
    > been dailed , i recieve caller i.d thats great , but i would like to
    > know which number the caller called , so i can answer with correct ,
    > hello "my business name" how may i help you :)
    >
    > i am using my android 2.3.4 based phone for sip calls (the one bulit
    > into the operating system not csip or similar)

    I don't think you can with PBXes. I have had a look just now and it
    doesn't have some of the functionality that one would find on the FreePBX
    interface. On the latter you can set a 'Force DID' option. That means
    that the DID that is called will appear on your phone instead of any CLI
    that might be displayed.
    If you feel competent with PBXes then it is not a very big step towards
    setting up your own PBX on a computer - pref one that is power efficient.
    Check out 'PBX in a Flash (PIAF)', Trixbox and Elastix.
    I tried to install PIAF recently but it failed. I found Elastix to have
    more functionality than Trixbox. If it is not for heavy use you can set
    up a PBX in VirtualBox, forward a few ports in your router and you're
    good to go.

    --
    For the vast majority of people a Linux distribution is a much better
    option than Windows. Check out Mint, Ubuntu CLASSIC (reboot to it via

    Brian A, Jul 12, 2011