Re: help please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ieuan Adams, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Ieuan Adams

    Ieuan Adams Guest

    "natellie1" <> wrote in message
    > I am running XP and want to edit and record to CD from my ananlogue video
    > camera . I have been told i can record mpg on to CD and play it on my DVD
    > player is this true , and where can i download F O C the programs?devices

    I'm no expect here but I'd have thought you'd have needed a card (graphics)
    which can accept an analogue video signal. This should (might) come with
    software which can record this signal onto the hard disc as likely mpeg
    format or maybe mpeg2 format. A CD-ROM burner will be able to burn this
    movie onto a CD and a DVD player should be able to play either format
    although you cannot fit very much mpeg2 onto a CD (about 30 minutes I
    think). Companies such as ATI or Matrox produce such graphics as reasonable
    prices although there are plenty of other companies. I don't know of any web
    sites in particular but a search for things like "connecting Video to
    computer" should turn up some helpful sites, maybe photography magazines or
    video camera magazines in a local newsagent might have more.
    I hope some of this points you in the right direction,
    Ieuan

    ---

    Ieuan Adams, Jul 24, 2003