Re: Help please on an Olympus C50

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ron Olsen, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Ron Olsen

    Ron Olsen Guest

    wrote:
    > The manual with this camera leaves me totally amazed. I'm having
    > trouble finding how to do the most simple things. I'd like to ask some
    > questions to someone who has one of these and is willing to spend a few
    > minutes helping a novice. Thanks.

    The complete owner's manual (165 pages) is on the CD that came with the
    camera, in the file "manual/english/c50z_english.pdf". It should be able
    to answer most or all of your questions.

    --
    Ron Olsen
    Boulder Colorado
    Ron Olsen, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Ron Olsen

    1.156 Guest

    Sir, thanks for the reply. I have no problems with the terms. My
    problem is figuring how to get
    things set, where and how to do something. Please tell me this, if you
    are familiar with this camera:
    Can one set it up so that when you do manage to stumble thru the menus
    to set a lot of parameters,
    the camera (after being turned off) wakes up with these same settings?
    I found one place that implies
    you can do this but when I try it, the settings never come back. It's a
    true pain to spend tens of
    button pushings to set the camera up before using it every time it's
    turned on. (And, I have to refer
    to a written list of buttons since the structure of the menu system is
    so poorly done.)

    I am using the pdf file for a manual (the printed manual is truly a
    joke, it doesn't even mention many
    important things).

    Thanks for your help, Rob

    1.156, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Ron Olsen

    Ron Olsen Guest

    wrote:
    > Sir, thanks for the reply. I have no problems with the terms. My
    > problem is figuring how to get things set, where and how to do
    > something. Please tell me this, if you are familiar with this camera:
    > Can one set it up so that when you do manage to stumble thru the menus
    > to set a lot of parameters, the camera (after being turned off) wakes up
    > with these same settings? I found one place that implies you can do
    > this but when I try it, the settings never come back. It's a true pain
    > to spend tens of button pushings to set the camera up before using it
    > every time it's turned on. (And, I have to refer to a written list of
    > buttons since the structure of the menu system is so poorly done.)
    >
    > I am using the pdf file for a manual (the printed manual is truly a
    > joke, it doesn't even mention many important things).

    Check out "My Mode Setting" on page 63 of the owner's manual. It tells you
    how to save customized setting for later reuse.

    --
    Ron Olsen
    Boulder Colorado
    Ron Olsen, Aug 7, 2003