Re: Help! Notebook Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by aaa@trew.gr, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi,
    1. Is this Vaio trying to access floppy or simply hangs before doing
    anything? Just started to think that getting into BIOS and telling it
    something doesn't mean BIOS can remember the settings (e.g battery
    problems). During next visit to BIOS you could check - if the desired
    boot order is in place.
    2. If BIOS is OK, still a lot of possibilities. I'd try to disconnect
    as musch devices as possible (external, CD, HDD) and would try to boot
    from the floppy which boots on another machine.
    The same could be done for CD
    3. If you switch it off and after some reasonable time try again -
    will it make some progress? I mean - something could happen with
    the processor cooling

    HTH,
    Filin

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:31:03 -0400, "Matthew"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I've got a Sony Vaio laptop. The user may have removed some system files.
    >It doesn't boot up anymore. I can get into the BIOS, I can set the floppy
    >to be first in the boot list. But I cannot get it to boot, either from
    >floppy or from CD. It just shows the Sony Vaio logo, plays the Sony hook,
    >then the screen goes blank. I can hear the CD drive whir for a bit.
    >
    >Any help will be hugely appreciated!
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Matthew

    , Jun 30, 2003