Re: Help: Nikon coolpix 200

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ed Ruf, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Ed Ruf

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 3 Sep 2003 04:02:33 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    (rogg£) wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have a coolpix 2000 and have problems with Nikon browser and the
    >connection betwen the camera and the computer. I have tried on two computers
    >one with win 2000 and one with win 98 and I have updated both the computers
    >drivers and the connections (Nikons)drivers. I have also tried different
    >versions of the Nikon browsers program. The problem occurs then i connect
    >and switch on the camera, in the real world the camera should recognize the
    >camera and start Nikon browser so that I can tranfser the pics to the
    >computer. But this newer happens instead I have got all the problems that
    >are discibed at Nikons support site.
    >
    >I wonder if anyone have had simular problems with this configuration and in
    >that case solved it. Please let me know how you did. The store there I
    >bought it has not been very helpfull.
    >Sorry if my english not are up to date.

    I believe the main recommendation you will find is to not waste your
    precious time on getting the Nikon software to work and just go out
    and purchase a quite inexpensive card reader. This will mount the card
    as a removable drive on your system and you can then use Windows
    Explorer to copy the files to the hard drive whilst saving battery
    power in the camera as well.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Ed Ruf

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:20:59 +0200, in rec.photo.digital "Rogg£"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanx for the recomendation I will do that. But don't you think that Nikons
    >staff should have some honour in there software/work and fix the problem.

    One other thought. You are plugging directly into the computer's USB port
    and not in a hub, right?

    Ed Ruf, Sep 3, 2003