Re: Help needed with Internet Programs - OE has gone

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ieuan Adams, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Ieuan Adams

    Ieuan Adams Guest

    "Cynthia Nollner" <> wrote in message

    > "Crafty Claire" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I don't know why but my Internet Programs have been changed. I
    > > need some advice on how to change the settings.
    > >
    > > When I try to send a webpage to someone by clicking on the Mail icon,
    > > instead of Outlook Express opening up, the Microsoft Outlook email
    > > window appears ready for me to send an email. I sometimes get a
    > > window with the title, 'choose profile'.
    > >

    > Try this, I had the same thing happening, now I don't.
    >
    > http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx
    >

    > Cynthia

    Try Tools->Internet Options then the Programs tab. Next to the E-mail and
    Newsgroups options there should be the name of the program you want to use
    for that type and a drop down icon. Click on the drop down selector and
    Outlook Express should be one of the options.
    Hope this helps,
    Ieuan

    ---
    Outgoing mail is, to the best of my virus checkers knowledge, virus free.

    Ieuan Adams, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Ieuan Adams

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ieuan Adams said:

    > "Cynthia Nollner" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Crafty Claire" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I don't know why but my Internet Programs have been changed. I
    >>> need some advice on how to change the settings.
    >>>
    >>> When I try to send a webpage to someone by clicking on the Mail icon,
    >>> instead of Outlook Express opening up, the Microsoft Outlook email
    >>> window appears ready for me to send an email. I sometimes get a
    >>> window with the title, 'choose profile'.
    >>>

    >> Try this, I had the same thing happening, now I don't.
    >>
    >> http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx
    >>

    >> Cynthia
    >>

    > Try Tools->Internet Options then the Programs tab. Next to the E-mail and
    > Newsgroups options there should be the name of the program you want to use
    > for that type and a drop down icon. Click on the drop down selector and
    > Outlook Express should be one of the options.
    > Hope this helps,
    > Ieuan

    Why oh why do you insist on giving your thoughts to those people who are
    answering the OP instead of answering the OP yourself?

    Brian H¹©, Aug 14, 2003

  3. leuan, I had already stated in my post that the name of the program I
    wanted to use was not available to me, but thanks for your input.

    "Ieuan Adams" <> wrote in message

    > "Cynthia Nollner" <> wrote in

    message

    Crafty Claire, Aug 17, 2003