    from ROMMON set the config register to ignore the startup config

    confreg 0x2142

    reset

    Merv, May 12, 2008

  2. Merv

    Merv Guest

    > I am guessing that the NVRAM must have some bogus data. Problem is that
    > I have changed the config reg to ignore the startup and I still get the
    > same problem!

    James,

    Download the Cisco document

    Hardware Troubleshooting for the Cisco 2600 Series Router

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/108/hwts_2600_16138.html

    follow the instructions in the Continuous Boot Loop section

    Merv, May 12, 2008

  3. Merv

    Merv Guest

    On May 12, 6:42 pm, Merv <> wrote:
    > > I am guessing that the NVRAM must have some bogus data. Problem is that
    > > I have changed the config reg to ignore the startup and I still get the
    > > same problem!

    > James,
    >
    > Download the Cisco document
    >
    > Hardware Troubleshooting for the Cisco 2600 Series Router
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/108/hwts_2600_16138.html
    >
    > follow the instructions in the Continuous Boot Loop section

    The key to this seems to be removing all of the network modules and
    WICS and that this will cause the router to reduces the value it
    calculates is required for IOMEM and thus allow the image to load

    Otherwise you may have to temporaryily add max DRAM (from you other
    routers ?) to box to get it back up

    Merv, May 13, 2008