Re: Help needed on reinstall

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Pikoro, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    What caused the system to totally screw up?
    What brand is your hard drive?
    Since you already reformatted I suppose that your data is safe somewhere.
    To be absolutely sure you could do a low-level formatting with a utility
    that you can download from your manufacturer's website.
    Previous to that, try running diagnosis utilities that you can also get from
    the manufacturer, your drive might not be as clean as you think.
    Then start your computer from a Win 98 floppy and format again with fdisk,
    if you don't have one you can make one at
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    After that you should be OK. If you aren't you will have to start looking at
    your hardware.
    A group that might help (apart from this one): 24hoursupport.helpdesk.

    "Al Clark" <> wrote in message
    > I am having a problem with re-installing ME or even 98 on my daughters
    > computer. somehow it got totally screwed-up and would not boot even from
    > startup discs. so I reformatted, have a clean partitioned disc and now

    when

    Pikoro, Jul 26, 2003