Re: help my old parish priest......anybody

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me@mine.net, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:57:12 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "eugene"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a look
    >at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't focusing
    >but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus wise
    >but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
    >examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
    >camera.
    >
    > http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg
    >
    >http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg
    >
    >Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
    >it somehow.

    Known issue with the sensor. Nikon will fix it for free.
    http://nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/index.page#

    , Jul 29, 2008

  2. Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:19:07 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "eugene"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:57:12 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "eugene"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi folks. My elderly parish priest (again) gave me his camera to have a
    >>>look
    >>>at it this morning. A NikonCoolpix 5700. He told me that it wasn't
    >>>focusing
    >>>but the problem is much more serious I think. I got it sorted out focus
    >>>wise
    >>>but the pictures all have numerous lines across them. Here's a couple of
    >>>examples. Has anybody any suggestions or does he need to invest in a new
    >>>camera.
    >>>
    >>> http://i34.tinypic.com/24bn2v5.jpg
    >>>
    >>>http://i35.tinypic.com/2h5malw.jpg
    >>>
    >>>Personally, I think he has dropped the camera but is hoping that I can fix
    >>>it somehow.

    >> Known issue with the sensor. Nikon will fix it for free.
    >> http://nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/index.page#

    >Thank you very much for that info but my next problem is that I live in
    >Ireland and the service form I downloaded is for USA use only. Does anybody
    >have the details of where I might get the UK equivalent service form please?

    Go to the Nikon support site for your area.

    , Jul 29, 2008

  3. Bob AZ Guest

    Bob AZ, Jul 30, 2008