Re: Help, I'm getting mainly incomplete messages on retrieval if at all....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    °Mike° said:

    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:35:48 +0100, in
    > <>
    > Smith scrawled:
    >
    >> Is it my stupid NTL news server?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> It's been fine up until now. Also takes forever to send a
    >> message. What could be wrong anyone?

    > See above.
    >
    > Try the text only server: text.news.ntlworld.com

    Mike - FYI

    Even the text server was playing up again today.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:56:38 +0100, in
    <9aZRa.491$>
    Brian H¹© scrawled:

    > °Mike° said:
    >
    >> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:35:48 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> Smith scrawled:
    >>
    >>> Is it my stupid NTL news server?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >>> It's been fine up until now. Also takes forever to send a
    >>> message. What could be wrong anyone?

    >> See above.
    >>
    >> Try the text only server: text.news.ntlworld.com

    >Mike - FYI
    >
    >Even the text server was playing up again today.

    Oh, right. Thanks Brian.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    °Mike° said:

    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:56:38 +0100, in
    > <9aZRa.491$>
    > Brian H¹© scrawled:

    >> °Mike° said:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:35:48 +0100, in
    >>> <>
    >>> Smith scrawled:

    >>> Yes.

    >>> See above.
    >>>
    >>> Try the text only server: text.news.ntlworld.com

    >> Mike - FYI
    >>
    >> Even the text server was playing up again today.

    > Oh, right. Thanks Brian.

    You're welcome, and I should have said *is* playing up :-S

    Brian H¹©, Jul 18, 2003