Re: HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Oct 22, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/22/2012 4:34 PM, wrote:
    > Quite a while ago I went through all my stored electronics and made sure all the
    > batteries had been removed. Today I went to get out a flash to try on my new
    > Fujifilm camera, and found I had forgotten to take out the batteries and they're
    > all corroded/leaking. I got the batteries out but the terminals have all that
    > white corrosion on them. And the real bad news is that it's a Nikon Speedlight
    > that cost me over $200 a few years back. Am I sh*t out of luck or can those
    > terminals be cleaned up? Thanks.

    Try cleaning the terminals with an ordinary pencil eraser. While you are
    doing that, make sure the droppings are not falling into the
    electronics. A pencil eraser is a mild abrasive. If the corrosion is
    thick try gently chipping it off with a sharp knife. Again be careful
    not to let the droppings fall into the unit.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 22, 2012