Re: HELP!!! I messed my multi boot system.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian D., Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Brian D.

    Brian D. Guest

    You can access the boot.ini file from the C:\ drive root directory
    (c:\boot.ini). You'll need to add an entry for each other OS to be able to
    access them. These entries should go under the [operating systems] section
    and look *something* like this:

    mutli(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows 2000"
    E:\WINDOWS="Window98"

    If this exact setting doesn't work, try adjusting the numbers in parentheses
    for 'disk' and 'partition' (between 0 and 2) until it works. Also, I'm not
    sure how Win98 would've worked in the past, because pre-NT versions of
    Windows (Win98 and older) need to always be the first installation (and
    therefore, usually on C:\). You may not be able to run Win98 since you
    erased the C:\ drive... but give it a shot anyway. Good luck.
    --Brian

    Brian D., Aug 15, 2003