Re: Help - hijacked!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Dodo, <>, the underachieving, discredited octopus, and
    keeper of starlings, peeped:

    > Not sure. If you can't boot in safe mode, HijackThis has a utility to
    > delete files on reboot. This may do the trick.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! 24hourfuckup.idiotdesk does it again.
    Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    MooR Guest

    Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus wrote:

    > Dodo, <>, the underachieving, discredited octopus, and
    > keeper of starlings, peeped:
    >
    > > Not sure. If you can't boot in safe mode, HijackThis has a utility to
    > > delete files on reboot. This may do the trick.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! 24hourfuckup.idiotdesk does it again.

    On more mundane matters I've tried that and still it comes back after
    re-boot. What is this thing! Seriously, if I delete everything and
    reinstall will that get rid of it? I just use this PC for e-mail and web, it
    has nothing that can't be replaced.
    MooR, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    Dodo Guest

    I'm pretty sure XP SP2 will not install on Win2000. Just a hunch...
    Dodo, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    Dodo Guest

    Yes, format the HDD and do a fresh Windows install and it will be gone.
    Dodo, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Dodo, <>, the bucked up, clapper-clawed parasite, and
    pillow lace maker, demurred:

    > I'm pretty sure XP SP2 will not install on Win2000. Just a hunch...

    So, fucktard, did the OP, in his original post, ever once mention win2k?
    Let's see...

    "My PC has been hijacked and now I have all sorts of problems. The desk
    top is an ad for spyware removal, telephone pop ups everywhere and
    toolbars appearing in IE. Shortcuts all over the desk top too. What to
    do? I've tried to run Spy-bot et al but now I'm stumped. Thanks in
    advance"

    No wonder you call yourself dodo.
    Azomonas Decidens Lactis, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    Dodo Guest

    Quoted instances not included:

    Logfile of HijackThis v1.96.2
    Scan saved at 6:02:30 PM, on 2/4/2005
    Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

    Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 11:16:03 AM, on 2/5/2005
    Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

    There isn't a "msconfig" as such in Windows 2000.

    IME, it works better than the add-in msconfig for 2k anyway.

    Am I now just licked and the time has come to delete the W2K and
    reinstall?
    Dodo, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Dodo, <>, the thick, stupid bladder, and
    psychotherapist's patient, purged:

    > Quoted instances not included:
    >
    > Logfile of HijackThis v1.96.2
    > Scan saved at 6:02:30 PM, on 2/4/2005
    > Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
    > MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
    >
    > Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    > Scan saved at 11:16:03 AM, on 2/5/2005
    > Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
    > MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
    >
    > There isn't a "msconfig" as such in Windows 2000.
    >
    > IME, it works better than the add-in msconfig for 2k anyway.
    >
    > Am I now just licked and the time has come to delete the W2K and
    > reinstall?

    No, you are not "licked". You are fucked. Bye.
    Aegopodium Juice Immaculata Nucleopolyhedrovirus, Feb 5, 2005
  8. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    MooR Guest

    Dodo wrote:

    > Yes, format the HDD and do a fresh Windows install and it will be gone.

    So the only question remaining is how do I reformat a Hard Drive?
    MooR, Feb 5, 2005
  9. MooR, <>, the accursed, dog-loving hackberry, and wearer of
    gurning collars, aspersed:

    >> You should also install Spywareblaster and AdAware, and keep them up
    >> to date. A free copy of AVG7 wouldn't go astray either.

    > Thanks bud. When all else fails - delete and re-install. thing I
    > don't understand is that I have all the standard AdAware stuff and
    > still something made it through.

    You need to keep it up to date. And you need Spywareblaster and a good virus
    checker, not just AdAware. it's also a good idea to keep a safe copy of
    cwshredder handy. If coolwebsearch and its ilk gets on your system, you wont
    get anywhere near a website that can help you.
    Botanical Barclayanus, Feb 5, 2005
  10. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    Dodo Guest

    Gotta keep up with the Windows updates, too.
    Dodo, Feb 5, 2005
  11. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    Dodo Guest

    Boot from the win2000 cd, delete the partition and then install win2000 on
    the unpartitioned space. Setup will automatically format the partition.
    Dodo, Feb 5, 2005
  12. Clitocybe Cretatum Atypica Cytorhabdovirus

    MooR Guest

    Botanical Barclayanus wrote:

    > MooR, <>, the accursed, dog-loving hackberry, and wearer of
    > gurning collars, aspersed:
    >
    > >> You should also install Spywareblaster and AdAware, and keep them up
    > >> to date. A free copy of AVG7 wouldn't go astray either.

    > > Thanks bud. When all else fails - delete and re-install. thing I
    > > don't understand is that I have all the standard AdAware stuff and
    > > still something made it through.

    > You need to keep it up to date. And you need Spywareblaster and a good virus
    > checker, not just AdAware. it's also a good idea to keep a safe copy of
    > cwshredder handy. If coolwebsearch and its ilk gets on your system, you wont
    > get anywhere near a website that can help you.

    Yes. That is exactly what has happened. I keep a copy of Netscape for e-mail
    and news, simply because I never liked IE and that is the only way I can get out
    at the moment. That and I have a copy of Firefox so I can access urls. Thanks,
    again guys.
    MooR, Feb 6, 2005