Re: Help! HDD little red light stays on!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Paul, Dec 11, 2009.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Peter Jason wrote:
    > Why?
    >
    > Please help, P

    It does that on mine, but only when the screensaver is running. And
    it doesn't stop immediately when I move the mouse and the screensaver
    goes away. I expect it is a bug in the driver for the chipset and
    storage interfaces. It has been present since the day I got my system.

    About ten seconds after coming back from the screen saver, the light
    goes out. And then blinks as it is supposed to, whenever the IDE
    drive is accessed. So mine is related to the ACPI state associated
    with the running of the screensaver.

    I don't think mine does that, when I'm running Linux. My chipset is
    VIA and the Southbridge is VT8237S.

    If you *never* see the LED flash at all, even once, the LED cable could
    be connected to the wrong two pins. If someone has been playing around,
    and moved cables on the PANEL header, I suppose something like that
    could happen.

    Paul
    Paul, Dec 11, 2009