Re: HELP - Gmail

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Jun 21, 2012.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > I have this g-mail account that is reasonably nice (took a while to get
    > used to it as was completely different compared with an older one).
    > Somehow i imported an e-mail list i had; do not ask how i did that or
    > even if it worked.
    > WHERE the F is the address list?
    > I DO NOT want those GD "circles" !!!
    > Basically i want to be able to send an e-mail to one or more people, and
    > have a way to get e-mail address, select those i want, and have selected
    > be pasted in the "to".
    > How does one get this DAMN thing to work when there is absolutely NO
    > clue?
    > In fact, i could swear the same about "help" - DOES NOT EXIST either,
    > not even "FAQ".

    You might want to go back to whatever you were using. Or take some
    sedatives.
    Might I suggest that next time you write that offline - delete it - and THEN
    simply pose your question.

    From GMAIL - FAQ section
    https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en

    Contacts:
    https://support.google.com/mail/bin...7852&ctx=cbo&cbid=522293521&cbrank=1#contacts
    - Bobb -, Jun 21, 2012

  2. - Bobb -

    Paul Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:
    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >> I have this g-mail account that is reasonably nice (took a while to get
    >> used to it as was completely different compared with an older one).
    >> Somehow i imported an e-mail list i had; do not ask how i did that or
    >> even if it worked.
    >> WHERE the F is the address list?
    >> I DO NOT want those GD "circles" !!!
    >> Basically i want to be able to send an e-mail to one or more people, and
    >> have a way to get e-mail address, select those i want, and have selected
    >> be pasted in the "to".
    >> How does one get this DAMN thing to work when there is absolutely NO
    >> clue?
    >> In fact, i could swear the same about "help" - DOES NOT EXIST either,
    >> not even "FAQ".

    > You might want to go back to whatever you were using. Or take some
    > sedatives.
    > Might I suggest that next time you write that offline - delete it - and THEN
    > simply pose your question.
    >
    > From GMAIL - FAQ section
    > https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en
    >
    > Contacts:
    > https://support.google.com/mail/bin...7852&ctx=cbo&cbid=522293521&cbrank=1#contacts

    You could experiment with the Exporting functions first, and
    look at the sample file that produces. And then that would
    allow you to pass in new contact info if you want, via Import.

    https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=24911&topic=1669027&ctx=topic

    Paul
    Paul, Jun 21, 2012

  3. - Bobb -

    >- Bobb - wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer"<> wrote in message
    >>> I have this g-mail account that is reasonably nice (took a while to
    >>> get
    >>> used to it as was completely different compared with an older one).
    >>> Somehow i imported an e-mail list i had; do not ask how i did that or
    >>> even if it worked.
    >>> WHERE the F is the address list?
    >>> I DO NOT want those GD "circles" !!!
    >>> Basically i want to be able to send an e-mail to one or more people,
    >>> and
    >>> have a way to get e-mail address, select those i want, and have selected
    >>> be pasted in the "to".
    >>> How does one get this DAMN thing to work when there is absolutely NO
    >>> clue?
    >>> In fact, i could swear the same about "help" - DOES NOT EXIST either,
    >>> not even "FAQ".

    >> You might want to go back to whatever you were using. Or take some
    >> sedatives.
    >> Might I suggest that next time you write that offline - delete it - and
    >> THEN
    >> simply pose your question.
    >>
    >> From GMAIL - FAQ section
    >> https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en
    >>
    >> Contacts:
    >> https://support.google.com/mail/bin...7852&ctx=cbo&cbid=522293521&cbrank=1#contacts
    >>

    > I thank you very much for the links.
    > It is impossible to "go back" to something that never existed; this is a
    > "NEW" account (like i said). I compared it with an older account, implying
    > that the older account still exists (which it does).
    > Seems if anyone signs up for an e-mail account, you get this new
    > thinggus like it or not; impossible to "roll it back" because it does not
    > give anyone any options, FAQs,help, etc.

    FAQ, Help are available. Search for ' GMAIL help'.
    I got that Help link by clicking on a link on the search page.

    "I compared it with an older account, implying that the older account still
    exists (which it does)."

    That old account - THAT's what I meant by GO BACK.
    If they changed the website, new account procedure, then 'thy old way' does
    not exist for a new account. You can 'go back to your other account' OR
    'follow the new procedure'. It's not something you or I can change.

    Twitter does the same thing - I created a new account and now I HAVE to
    choose 5 people to follow. I later dropped them , but to get thru the
    process I HAD to CHOOSE 5 existing twitter accounts, so I picked 5 names off
    the screen.

    I/you might not like it, but it's THEIR program not ours - we can elect to
    not use it OR do it their way.
    - Bobb -, Jun 22, 2012
  4. - Bobb -

    Paul Guest

    Re: HELP - Gmail (more info(

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >> Paul wrote:

    >>> You could experiment with the Exporting functions first, and
    >>> look at the sample file that produces. And then that would
    >>> allow you to pass in new contact info if you want, via Import.
    >>>
    >>> https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=24911&topic=1669027&ctx=topic
    >>>

    >>> Paul
    >>>

    >> I think that is how i got an existing e-mail list (from a totally
    >> different account) into somewhere in my g-mail account and presumedly
    >> into an address list that is totally inaccessible.
    >> I imported; put my list into an Excel file, transformed to CSV, and
    >> "lied" by calling it a "Google CSV" file for importing.
    >> BUT.
    >> There AIN't no "CONTACTS"!!
    >> Now there are EMPTY "circles" which logically means that my imported
    >> list did NOT go there.
    >>
    >> Humph!
    >>

    > Figgured out what happened.
    > I imported my CSV address list into my OLD account; that is accesable
    > and used on occasion.
    > New account seems to dis-allow such "frills".

    Why not send the contact list from the old account to the new account.

    Maybe the new account allows constructing a message, based on
    contact information contained in a received message ? Maybe
    if they won't allow you to import a contact list, they'll allow you
    to make a To: list from the contents of an existing message.

    Paul
    Paul, Jun 23, 2012
  5. - Bobb -

    UNKNOWN Guest

    >- Bobb - wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer"<> wrote in message

    >>> I thank you very much for the links.
    >>> It is impossible to "go back" to something that never existed; this
    >>> is a
    >>> "NEW" account (like i said). I compared it with an older account,
    >>> implying
    >>> that the older account still exists (which it does).
    >>> Seems if anyone signs up for an e-mail account, you get this new
    >>> thinggus like it or not; impossible to "roll it back" because it does
    >>> not
    >>> give anyone any options, FAQs,help, etc.
    >>>

    >> FAQ, Help are available. Search for ' GMAIL help'.
    >> I got that Help link by clicking on a link on the search page.
    >>
    >> "I compared it with an older account, implying that the older account
    >> still
    >> exists (which it does)."
    >>
    >> That old account - THAT's what I meant by GO BACK.
    >> If they changed the website, new account procedure, then 'thy old way'
    >> does
    >> not exist for a new account. You can 'go back to your other account' OR
    >> 'follow the new procedure'. It's not something you or I can change.
    >>
    >> Twitter does the same thing - I created a new account and now I HAVE to
    >> choose 5 people to follow. I later dropped them , but to get thru the
    >> process I HAD to CHOOSE 5 existing twitter accounts, so I picked 5 names
    >> off
    >> the screen.
    >>
    >> I/you might not like it, but it's THEIR program not ours - we can elect
    >> not use it OR do it their way.
    >>

    > Yea, BUT they are LIARS when they say and or imply "better" or "easier"
    > or other such BS.
    >
    > So i tried some of your references and by golly i found that address
    > list that i thought i had imported - - - it exists.
    > Still not useful.
    > Cannot FORWARD a message to any _selected_ person or persons.
    > Can send only a NEW message to selected.
    > *
    > Oh, a message with a response gets LUMPED together and i see NO WAY to
    > make a second response that DOES NOT HAVE ANY of the "lumps" after the
    > initial message.
    > How the F do i UN_LUMP this shit?

    Is this a counseling session or what ?
    If you need help, ask us.
    If you want to babble, please start a blog elsewhere.
    We cannot change google so dont whine to us
    Complain to them.
    have a nice day, somewhere else
    UNKNOWN, Jun 24, 2012