Re: HELP! Address Book Export Hell

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John Vinson, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. John Vinson

    John Vinson Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:38:29 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello, again,
    >
    >Whoever mentioned that exporting an address book from one 2000 box to
    >another is a simple matter of copying a .wab file has not shared my
    >experience.

    I'd suggest that you ask this question in an Outlook newsgroup - this
    newsgroup is for the database program Microsoft Access.

    John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
    http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

    John Vinson, Jul 22, 2004

  2. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 22, 2004 "John Vinson" blathered:

    > I'd suggest that you ask this question in an Outlook newsgroup - this
    > newsgroup is for the database program Microsoft Access.

    No, it's for discussing the A+ certification.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 22, 2004

  3. John Vinson

    AG Guest

    > On Jul 22, 2004 "John Vinson" blathered:
    >
    > > I'd suggest that you ask this question in an Outlook newsgroup - this
    > > newsgroup is for the database program Microsoft Access.

    > No, it's for discussing the A+ certification.
    >
    > --
    > TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    > "Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable!"

    Look again. He cross posted.
    AG

    AG, Jul 22, 2004
  4. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 22, 2004 "AG" blathered:

    > Look again. He cross posted.

    I know. I was sarcasm.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 22, 2004
  5. John Vinson

    Mike Painter Guest

    TechGeekPro wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 2004 "John Vinson" blathered:
    >
    >> I'd suggest that you ask this question in an Outlook newsgroup - this
    >> newsgroup is for the database program Microsoft Access.

    > No, it's for discussing the A+ certification.

    Maybe it should be for noting that it was crossposted. You would think a
    techgeekpro would have noticed.

    Mike Painter, Jul 22, 2004
  6. John Vinson

    AG Guest

    "smackedass" <> wrote in message
    > BTW, what's so bad about cross-posting? I don't think it's so bad, unless
    > you're trolling or spamming.
    >
    > smackedass

    It's considered poor netquitet.
    Allen

    AG, Jul 23, 2004
  7. On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:42:11 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >BTW, what's so bad about cross-posting? I don't think it's so bad, unless
    >you're trolling or spamming.
    >
    >smackedass

    If you want to post the same message to more than one group, the
    preferred way is to send separate posts. It's a bit more work, but
    prevents multiple instances of the same messages cluttering
    cyberspace.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 23, 2004
  8. John Vinson

    billybronco Guest

    > I know. I was sarcasm.

    Who are you now?

    billybronco, Jul 23, 2004
  9. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 23, 2004 "AG" blathered:

    > It's considered poor netquitet.

    So is bad spelling.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 25, 2004
  10. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 23, 2004 "Tom MacIntyre" blathered:

    > If you want to post the same message to more than one group, the
    > preferred way is to send separate posts.

    If yo do that, than your newsreader won't know it's a cross-post and it won't
    kill the excess messages.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 25, 2004
  11. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 23, 2004 "billybronco" blathered:

    > Who are you now?

    Oops. *It* was sarcasm.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 25, 2004
  12. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 22, 2004 "Mike Painter" blathered:

    > Maybe it should be for noting that it was crossposted. You would think a
    > techgeekpro would have noticed.

    Again, sarcasm people. Read my sig.

    --
    Tech "Sarcastic Geek" Pro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 25, 2004
  13. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:59:36 -0500, TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On Jul 23, 2004 "Tom MacIntyre" blathered:
    >
    >> If you want to post the same message to more than one group, the
    >> preferred way is to send separate posts.

    >If yo do that, than your newsreader won't know it's a cross-post and it won't
    >kill the excess messages.

    Did "yo" mention bad spelling? :)

    Clutter then is less of an issue, though, right?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 26, 2004
  14. John Vinson

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 25, 2004 "Tom MacIntyre" blathered:

    > Did "yo" mention bad spelling? :)
    >
    > Clutter then is less of an issue, though, right?

    It's just that I'd rather someone crossposted than multiposted, Yo! ;-)

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 26, 2004