Re: Hedgehog

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lyndon Watson, Feb 19, 2011.

  1. On Feb 19, 10:58 pm, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:
    > Sitting on the deck tonight and one came on to the deck less than a metre from
    > me with no fear. It stole the cat's food and water and left. I replaced the
    > food and it returned; the cat arrived but was far too smart to interfere but
    > looked very confused. Meanwhile I put the food out of sight so the hedgehog
    > wandered about looking for more. It is under the deck now making hedgehog type
    > noises.

    This morning I was too lazy to make my usual loaf of bread and drove
    to the Hillmorton Bakery in Christchurch (one of the best) to buy one
    of theirs. A mallard duck was waiting on the footpath outside the
    door and it accosted the emerging customers and followed them to their
    cars. It practically stood on tip-toe trying to get into my bag.

    To animals, we are just another food source to be exploited, and just
    as there is a range of intelligence in people, I am sure that here are
    hedgehog- and duck-geniuses as well.

    LW
    Lyndon Watson, Feb 19, 2011

  2. Lyndon Watson

    John Cawston Guest

    On Saturday, 19/Feb-2011 11:25 p.m., Lyndon Watson wrote:
    > On Feb 19, 10:58 pm, Tony<lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:
    >> Sitting on the deck tonight and one came on to the deck less than a metre from
    >> me with no fear. It stole the cat's food and water and left. I replaced the
    >> food and it returned; the cat arrived but was far too smart to interfere but
    >> looked very confused. Meanwhile I put the food out of sight so the hedgehog
    >> wandered about looking for more. It is under the deck now making hedgehog type
    >> noises.

    > This morning I was too lazy to make my usual loaf of bread and drove
    > to the Hillmorton Bakery in Christchurch (one of the best) to buy one
    > of theirs. A mallard duck was waiting on the footpath outside the
    > door and it accosted the emerging customers and followed them to their
    > cars. It practically stood on tip-toe trying to get into my bag.
    >
    > To animals, we are just another food source to be exploited, and just
    > as there is a range of intelligence in people, I am sure that here are
    > hedgehog- and duck-geniuses as well.

    Which raises the possibility that humans need no more than a bird brain
    of 2x2cm for food and survival.. the rest of the massive capacity is
    concerned with feeling guilty about such a simple objective and finding
    new ways to apologise for it.

    JC

    John Cawston, Feb 19, 2011

  3. Lyndon Watson

    oiltroll Guest

    Lyndon Watson wrote:

    > On Feb 19, 10:58 pm, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:

    > To animals, we are just another food source to be exploited, and just
    > as there is a range of intelligence in people, I am sure that here are
    > hedgehog- and duck-geniuses as well.

    Zombie hedgehogs and zombie ducks. Brain eating living-dead animals.
    oiltroll, Feb 19, 2011
  4. On 20/02/2011 10:43 a.m., oiltroll wrote:
    > Lyndon Watson wrote:
    >
    >> On Feb 19, 10:58 pm, Tony<lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:

    >> To animals, we are just another food source to be exploited, and just
    >> as there is a range of intelligence in people, I am sure that here are
    >> hedgehog- and duck-geniuses as well.

    > Zombie hedgehogs and zombie ducks. Brain eating living-dead animals.

    Comment from a zombie.
    Roger Dewhurst, Feb 19, 2011
  5. Lyndon Watson

    Enkidu Guest

    On 19/02/11 23:25, Lyndon Watson wrote:
    > On Feb 19, 10:58 pm, Tony<lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz>
    > wrote:
    >> Sitting on the deck tonight and one came on to the deck less than a
    >> metre from me with no fear. It stole the cat's food and water and
    >> left. I replaced the food and it returned; the cat arrived but was
    >> far too smart to interfere but looked very confused. Meanwhile I
    >> put the food out of sight so the hedgehog wandered about looking
    >> for more. It is under the deck now making hedgehog type noises.

    > This morning I was too lazy to make my usual loaf of bread and drove
    > to the Hillmorton Bakery in Christchurch (one of the best) to buy
    > one of theirs. A mallard duck was waiting on the footpath outside
    > the door and it accosted the emerging customers and followed them to
    > their cars. It practically stood on tip-toe trying to get into my
    > bag.
    >
    > To animals, we are just another food source to be exploited, and
    > just as there is a range of intelligence in people, I am sure that
    > here are hedgehog- and duck-geniuses as well.

    This is not the one that steal packets of chips is it? That one was on
    the news one day.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles