Re: Head lice

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OG, Jul 20, 2009.

  1. OG

    OG Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've tried ice picks and lighter fluid, nothing seems to work. Is there
    > some LEGAL way to fight these? My wife said she'd hold the fire
    > extinguisher for my next experiment, but I'm a little scared.

    After washing the children's hair, liberally apply hair conditioner and go
    through with a nit comb. The conditioner means the headlice are slowed down
    and are more easily found and killed.

    Repeat at each hair washing for a couple of weeks.

    Works very well and no nasty chemicals involved.

    OG, Jul 20, 2009

  2. OG

    Mike Easter Guest

    OG wrote:
    > "Rôgêr"

    > After washing the children's hair, liberally apply hair conditioner and
    > go through with a nit comb. The conditioner means the headlice are
    > slowed down and are more easily found and killed.
    >
    > Repeat at each hair washing for a couple of weeks.
    >
    > Works very well and no nasty chemicals involved.

    Sometimes; and it is healthy and cleanly.

    Generally the adults are easy enough to find and kill without using
    (very) nasty chemicals; for example pyrethrins aren't very bad, being
    derived from plants rather than chemically designed as a toxin to kill
    living things.

    The problem is eliminating the nits, which the pyrethrins don't kill.
    Finding the ones on the hair with a nit comb eliminates the ones you do
    find.

    Lady headlice lay a few eggs a day and over their month-long life span,
    they lay about a hundred eggs more or less. Generally those eggs are
    in - stuck to - the hair shaft, but...

    .... but sometimes they don't read the books.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 20, 2009