Re: HDvalet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DD, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. DD

    DD Guest

    I used to use this program when I had Win98 but it doesn't mention
    WinXP. Does anyone use HDvalet with XP?

    DD

    DD, Jan 19, 2005

  2. DD

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, it works perfectly with XP, but you will have to
    point it to the correct temp folders etc.

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:49:56 +1100, in
    <41eee40f$>
    DD scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2005

  3. DD

    DD Guest

    Thanks! That must be a record, only two minutes between my question and
    your answer.

    DD

    DD, Jan 19, 2005
  4. DD

    °Mike° Guest

    I've had shorter. :)

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:58:15 +1100, in
    <41eee602$>
    DD scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2005
  5. DD

    Guest

    Many, many thanks, Mike! You're a good person. Thanks so much! Have a
    great day!

    -Stephen
    , Jan 20, 2005
  6. DD

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome, but would you please include some
    of the message that you are replying to. Thanks.

    On 20 Jan 2005 05:21:13 -0800, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 20, 2005
  7. DD

    Guest

    Regarding my use of HDvalet, on my Windows 98, I did try it, and what a
    mess! Almost 90 megs of junk removed to the recycle bin, but it seems
    to have messed settings up. Any desktop icon I clicked on simply
    brought me explorer properties. I was able to get into the recycle bin,
    restore everything that Hd valet had removed, and after tweaking a few
    settings, things seem back to normal.

    At least the system wasn't so bad that a reboot was impossible! I'm
    sure that if I closely looked and selected which properties of HDvalet
    to execute, it would have been fine. Bottom line, I seem to find, is
    keep things simple. Clean files out by hand, use Windows
    utilities(instead of a host of downloaded utilities out there), and all
    seems ok.
    , Jan 31, 2005