Re: HDR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim Conway, Oct 27, 2012.

  1. Tim Conway

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just curious - who is using HDR, for instance when a scene has too much
    > dynamic range?
    > --

    This was shot with a Nikon D200 with 3 bracket exposures of -1.5, 0.0, +1.5
    if I remember correctly. It was then processed in Photomatix Pro from the
    raw files.

    http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/116995092
    Tim Conway, Oct 27, 2012

  2. Tim Conway

    Tim Conway Guest

    > On 2012-10-27 09:50:14 -0700, Alfred Molon <> said:
    >
    >> In article <k6f67k$moe$>, Tim Conway says...
    >>> This was shot with a Nikon D200 with 3 bracket exposures of -1.5, 0.0,
    >>> +1.5
    >>> if I remember correctly. It was then processed in Photomatix Pro from
    >>> the
    >>> raw files.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/116995092

    >> It looks a bit unnatural. I don't know how to explain it, but the image
    >> has this typical HDR look. If done well, an HDR image should have a
    >> natural look.

    > That is very typical of Photomatix Pro HDR processing, it has a tendency
    > to over-cook the HRD to get that sort of result. There is a far higher
    > degree of subtlety atainable with NIK HDR Efex Pro 2. I have both, and it
    > is tough to get a result which could be called "natural" with Photomatix.

    Thanks for your comments. I'll have to try that NIK sometime - after I
    upgrade my pc etc. :)
    Tim Conway, Oct 27, 2012