Re: HD Failure in progress ?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Jinkies, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <HiOzb.4230$>,
    says...

    >2 yr old machine running Win2K. Power supply failed at 6 mo. after new. A
    >couple of months ago, when starting up cold, you could hear a grinding noise
    >from the HD for the first 2 minutes (heads against the platters?), then runs
    >great. This past week, several hours after startup, I would come back into
    >the room and had a black screen asking for a system disk. This happened 4
    >different days. Today, 3 hours after startup, I noticed the screen went
    >blue, a memory dump notice, then a complete reboot. Comments please.

    The only time I've ever seen that exact same thing happen is when a user was
    under investigation by a special hacker working for the police department who
    scoured his hard drive for thousands of kiddie porn images. I'd get out of the
    country right away if I were you because chances are they are planning on
    putting you behind bars for a very long time.

    Jinkies, Dec 6, 2003