Re: have to eject wifi card after boot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Dec 12, 2009.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:54:23 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:

    > Wtf? I have to eject my little netgear pcmcia wifi card after I boot and
    > then re-insert it or its not "seen" by the OS; XP. Ideas?

    Get rid of that playtoy OS and install Linux.

    > TIA

    HTH.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

    Dan C, Dec 12, 2009

  2. Dan C <>
    via news:p:

    > On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:54:23 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:
    >
    >> Wtf? I have to eject my little netgear pcmcia wifi card
    >> after I boot and then re-insert it or its not "seen" by
    >> the OS; XP. Ideas?

    > Get rid of that playtoy OS and install Linux.
    >
    >> TIA

    > HTH.

    Peeples wif da old XP on their mommie's computers
    shud reformat their drives, then get a Mac or
    download a Unbuntu for their computing habits.

    iPhones am good; Etch A Sketch may have viruses.

    Netgear PCMCIA Wi-Fi Cards for Dummies is a good read.
    Too bad; *NO* Cliff's Notes for it yet... but the
    book has some pretty pikktures to color.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but,
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 12, 2009

  3. In message <Xns9CDF8A6DA58F8BuckyGram@207.246.207.169>, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Dan C <>
    > via news:p:
    >
    > > On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:54:23 -0600, §nühw€£f wrote:
    > >
    > >> Wtf? I have to eject my little netgear pcmcia wifi card
    > >> after I boot and then re-insert it or its not "seen" by
    > >> the OS; XP. Ideas?

    > > Get rid of that playtoy OS and install Linux.
    > >
    > >> TIA

    > > HTH.

    > Peeples wif da old XP on their mommie's computers
    > shud reformat their drives, then get a Mac or
    > download a Unbuntu for their computing habits.
    >
    > iPhones am good; Etch A Sketch may have viruses.
    >
    > Netgear PCMCIA Wi-Fi Cards for Dummies is a good read.
    > Too bad; *NO* Cliff's Notes for it yet... but the
    > book has some pretty pikktures to color.
    >
    > HTH.

    Actually I think it has more to do with this:XP LOWERFILTERS CODE

    But finding the right KEY in registry is the hard bit.

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 12, 2009
  4. §ñühw¤£f <> via

    > In message <Xns9CDF8A6DA58F8BuckyGram@207.246.207.169>, Bucky Breeder
    > wrote:
    >> Dan C <>
    >> via news:p:

    >> > Get rid of that playtoy OS and install Linux.

    >> > HTH.

    >> Peeples wif da old XP on their mommie's computers
    >> shud reformat their drives, then get a Mac or
    >> download a Unbuntu for their computing habits.
    >>
    >> iPhones am good; Etch A Sketch may have viruses.
    >>
    >> Netgear PCMCIA Wi-Fi Cards for Dummies is a good read.
    >> Too bad; *NO* Cliff's Notes for it yet... but the
    >> book has some pretty pikktures to color.
    >>
    >> HTH.
    >>

    > Actually I think it has more to do with this:XP LOWERFILTERS CODE
    >
    > But finding the right KEY in registry is the hard bit.

    Before you go to messing with the registry, suggest you replace device,
    reboot, then right-click your "My Network Place" | Propeties to bring up
    your "Network Connections" dialog (or get some at your Control Panel).

    If you have an icon for your Wi-Fi card, you start from there; but if you
    don't, you start with the toolbar menu's "Advanced" drop-down menu...

    Or, if you don't have an icon... I'd be tempted to leave the Network
    Connections window open, then do the unplug/replug thang with your card and
    see what pops... probably the wayward icon with a dialog to adjust some
    settings...

    Let us know, you old nasty tardnonymous geriatric-diaper-loader, and take
    an extra dose of your blood pressure meds first, 'cause I wouldn't wantcha
    dying on us before this thing resolves... be litterin' up the streets of
    Cleveland and have to wait 'til the snow thaws before they can scoop ya up
    and take ya to the dump... Ho, ho, ho.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 13, 2009