Re: Hard disk

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Pterygia Casearius, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. stu, <>, wrote:

    > Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
    > computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
    > my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
    > to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time

    Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely gormless
    ****?

    --
    G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
    fuckwit, not just on usenet, but in in real

    Pterygia Casearius, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Pterygia Casearius

    stu Guest

    how do i format it
    Thanks for the replies

    stu, Jan 27, 2005

  3. stu, <>, wrote:

    > how do i format it

    It depends. What shape do you want it in?

    Hemitoma Xylanolytica, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Pterygia Casearius

    Danny Bouy Guest

    "stu" <> wrote in message
    > how do i format it
    > Thanks for the replies
    >
    > "Pterygia Casearius"
    > <-dud-puffball.org> wrote in message
    >> stu, <>, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
    >>> computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
    >>> my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
    >>> to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time

    >> Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely
    >> gormless ****?

    http://www.pcguide.com/proc/setup/hdd-c.html
    http://www.webtechgeek.com/How-to-Format-a-Hard-Drive.htm
    http://www.techadvice.com/tech/H/HardDriveFormat.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

    And all found here at google:
    http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=formatting and partitioning a new hard drive.

    --
    Ups & downs

    Danny Bouy, Jan 27, 2005
  5. Pterygia Casearius

    Gordon Guest

    stu wrote:
    > how do i format it
    > Thanks for the replies

    Log on as an Administrator. Go to Control Panel-Administrative Tools.
    Click on Computer management. Go to Storage (expand it if it's not
    already) and then click on Disk Management. the unformatted HDD should
    show up. Right-click on it and select Format.

    HTH

    Gordon, Jan 27, 2005
  6. Pterygia Casearius

    Conor Guest

    Conor, Jan 27, 2005
  7. Pterygia Casearius

    A Nengineer Guest

    stu wrote:
    >>stu, <>, wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
    >>>computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
    >>>my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
    >>>to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time

    >>Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely gormless
    >>****?

    > how do i format it
    > Thanks for the replies

    Man, you're a glutton for punishment!

    --
    http://www.polhemus.cc/blog

    A Nengineer, Jan 27, 2005
  8. A Nengineer, <>, wrote:

    > stu wrote:

    >>> Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely
    >>> gormless ****?

    > > how do i format it
    > > Thanks for the replies
    > >

    > Man, you're a glutton for punishment!