Re: Gunmen Domain Hosts

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Adebisi, Mar 19, 2007.

  1. Adebisi

    Adebisi Guest

    On Mar 14, 11:19 pm, "CertGuard" <CertGuard - The Stronghold for
    Excellence in IT Certification> wrote:
    > I've just written an article regarding gunmen that may peak your interests.
    > Look it over and give me your thoughts on the subject.

    On Mar 14, 11:19 pm, "CertGuard" <CertGuard - The Stronghold for
    Excellence in IT Certification> wrote:
    > I've just written an article regarding gunmen that may peak your interests.
    > Look it over and give me your thoughts on the subject.

    Thoughts?

    Well, as far as prevention and enforcement, it is pretty much
    impossible. Computer criminals of all kinds take full advantage of
    their 3rd world country's position to get away with what they could
    not here. If you are in, say... Africa, and your government is busy
    keeping tribe A from killing tribe B, and Tribe C from exporting
    diamonds illegally to country X, you are not going to have the
    resources to track down spammer X, internet crime guy Y, and phishing
    server Z.

    Not only are the police services in many of these countries completely
    overtaxed handling domestic issues such as homicide, rape, etc...
    (things that generaly take precedance over some American cheating on
    his A+ exam), they also completely lack computer knowledge, internet
    knowledge, and any kind of understanding about how the crimes work.

    Compounding that, the laws in these countries preventing such
    behaviour simply do not exist in many cases.

    These criminals are organized and they pick areas where one, or all of
    these conditions exist. They know they are virtually immune to any
    form of legal reprisal. Goodluck trying to sue someone in Namibia
    when they can just vanish...

    They will continue to operate in these areas, for likely decades.
    There are documented cases of entire villages depending upon phishing
    scams for their economy...

    The only thing you can do is educate consumers to take defensive
    measures. As any computer tech knows, you can nail a manual to
    someones forehead and they will not read it. So it is not likely most
    people are going to become educated and alert for potential risks to
    their computer, their identity, etc...

    I admire what you folks are Certigard are trying to do. At least you
    create an atmosphere encouraging people to do things honestly, when
    cheating is oh so easy today. But I do think "brain dumps" and any
    other civil, or criminal, breach or crime currently being committed
    with be committed with impunity for decades to come, and we will
    likely continue to see increasing ways for these hucksters to make a
    living.

    Danny (aka Adebisi)
    Danny's Computer Services
    Admin of Professional PC Techs (Google Group actively recruiting)
    http://propctechs.googlepages.com/home
    Adebisi, Mar 19, 2007

  2. Adebisi

    CertGuard Guest

    Thanks for writing, I've added your comments and my response to them on the
    original page on CertGuard.

    http://www.certguard.com/Gunmen-Domain-Hosts.asp

    --
    CertGuard