Re: Gun control kills again

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by wsthomas@bellsouth.net, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. Guest

    On Apr 23, 9:47 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > Grendel <> wrote:
    > > (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    > >> Because there was nothing to prevent people from bringing guns onto
    > >> campus.

    > >But...but..there was a BAN!! It was against the LAW!!!

    > No, cultist, it was not against the law. It was against the school's
    > policy.

    Virginia Code of Law 18.2-287.4. "Carrying loaded firearms in public
    areas prohibited"

    So, obviously, it IS against the law.

    Fucking idiot. At least ATTEMPT to know what the **** you're talking
    about.

    Yol Bolsun,
    Grendel.

    "Yes, you have the right to be offended. So what?"-Solomon Short.

    , Apr 24, 2007

  2. wrote in

    > On Apr 23, 9:47 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> Grendel <> wrote:

    >> >But...but..there was a BAN!! It was against the LAW!!!

    >> No, cultist, it was not against the law. It was against the school's
    >> policy.

    > Virginia Code of Law 18.2-287.4. "Carrying loaded firearms in public
    > areas prohibited"
    >
    > So, obviously, it IS against the law.
    >
    > Fucking idiot. At least ATTEMPT to know what the **** you're talking
    > about.

    Take your own advice. That section has been updated as follows:

    52, 62 ..... 18.2-287.4 ..... HB1915 Ch160 ..... A ..... Rewrites the
    deceptive ban against carrying arbitrarily defined loaded "assault
    weapon," mislabeled a "firearm," in public, in certain localities, *and
    clarifies that the ban does not apply to a person with valid CCW permit
    or at ranges.* 2005 [emphasis mine]

    RD

    RD (The Sandman), Apr 24, 2007

  3. Scout Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 23, 9:47 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> Grendel <> wrote:

    >> >But...but..there was a BAN!! It was against the LAW!!!

    >> No, cultist, it was not against the law. It was against the school's
    >> policy.

    > Virginia Code of Law 18.2-287.4. "Carrying loaded firearms in public
    > areas prohibited"

    You really should post the WHOLE statute.

    "§ 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.
    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic
    center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by
    action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time
    of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of
    ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or
    equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold
    more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered
    on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public
    right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature
    that is open to the public (i) in any city with a population of 160,000 or
    more or (ii) in any county having an urban county executive form of
    government or any county or city surrounded thereby or adjacent thereto or
    in any county having a county manager form of government.

    The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers,
    licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their
    lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit or to
    any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational
    shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest.
    Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a
    Class 1 misdemeanor.

    The exemptions set forth in § 18.2-308 shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the
    provisions of this section. "

    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000 cod 18.2-287.4

    § 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to
    carry.

    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000 cod 18.2-308

    > So, obviously, it IS against the law.

    Nope, since if you read the WHOLE law you find it doesn't apply to most
    guns.

    > Fucking idiot. At least ATTEMPT to know what the **** you're talking
    > about.

    yea, says the person who pulls one phrase out of context and ignores the
    text that shows his conclusion is false.

    Scout, Apr 25, 2007