Re: Gulf Oil--Not So Bad.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Jul 29, 2010.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-07-29, (William Regal) <> wrote:
    > Thursday, Jul. 29, 2010
    > The BP Spill: Has the Damage Been Exaggerated?
    > By Michael Grunwald / Port Fourchon, La.
    > President Obama has called the BP oil spill "the worst environmental
    > disaster America has ever faced," and so has just about everyone else. Green
    > groups are sounding alarms about the "Catastrophe Along the Gulf Coast,"
    > while CBS, Fox and MSNBC slap "Disaster in the Gulf" chryons on all their
    > spill-related news. Even BP fall guy Tony Hayward, after some early happy
    > talk, admitted the spill was an "environmental catastrophe." The obnoxious
    > anti-environmentalist Rush Limbaugh has been a rare voice arguing that the
    > spill - he calls it "the leak" - is anything less than an ecological
    > calamity, scoffing at the avalanche of end-is-nigh eco-hype.

    [...]

    Perhaps POTUS and the jackals of the press are too young to remember that
    "At 8:32 Sunday morning, May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted." The
    devastated region is now officially "one of Nature's Youngest and Most
    Dynamic Natural Landscapes" <http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/>. Of
    course Big Business wasn't poking holes in Mother Earth at that location
    so there weren't any scapegoats to blame. Although 57 people were killed.

    When Yosemite blows, 'disaster' could take on a whole new meaning.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jul 29, 2010

  2. Whiskers

    Jordon Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2010-07-29, (William Regal)<> wrote:
    >> Thursday, Jul. 29, 2010
    >> The BP Spill: Has the Damage Been Exaggerated?
    >> By Michael Grunwald / Port Fourchon, La.
    >> President Obama has called the BP oil spill "the worst environmental
    >> disaster America has ever faced," and so has just about everyone else. Green
    >> groups are sounding alarms about the "Catastrophe Along the Gulf Coast,"
    >> while CBS, Fox and MSNBC slap "Disaster in the Gulf" chryons on all their
    >> spill-related news. Even BP fall guy Tony Hayward, after some early happy
    >> talk, admitted the spill was an "environmental catastrophe." The obnoxious
    >> anti-environmentalist Rush Limbaugh has been a rare voice arguing that the
    >> spill - he calls it "the leak" - is anything less than an ecological
    >> calamity, scoffing at the avalanche of end-is-nigh eco-hype.

    > [...]
    >
    > Perhaps POTUS and the jackals of the press are too young to remember that
    > "At 8:32 Sunday morning, May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted." The
    > devastated region is now officially "one of Nature's Youngest and Most
    > Dynamic Natural Landscapes"<http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/>. Of
    > course Big Business wasn't poking holes in Mother Earth at that location
    > so there weren't any scapegoats to blame. Although 57 people were killed.

    WTF? Comparing a man made accident dumping millions of
    gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, to a volcano?

    Jordon, Jul 29, 2010

  3. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-07-29, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:

    [...]

    >> Perhaps POTUS and the jackals of the press are too young to remember that
    >> "At 8:32 Sunday morning, May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted." The
    >> devastated region is now officially "one of Nature's Youngest and Most
    >> Dynamic Natural Landscapes" <http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/>. Of
    >> course Big Business wasn't poking holes in Mother Earth at that location
    >> so there weren't any scapegoats to blame. Although 57 people were killed.

    > WTF? Comparing a man made accident dumping millions of
    > gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, to a volcano?

    "Environmental disaster" isn't a concept restricted to oil well accidents
    or even 'man made' events.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jul 30, 2010
  4. Whiskers

    Jordon Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2010-07-29, Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    >> Whiskers wrote:

    > [...]
    >
    >>> Perhaps POTUS and the jackals of the press are too young to remember that
    >>> "At 8:32 Sunday morning, May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted." The
    >>> devastated region is now officially "one of Nature's Youngest and Most
    >>> Dynamic Natural Landscapes"<http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/>. Of
    >>> course Big Business wasn't poking holes in Mother Earth at that location
    >>> so there weren't any scapegoats to blame. Although 57 people were killed.

    >> WTF? Comparing a man made accident dumping millions of
    >> gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, to a volcano?

    > "Environmental disaster" isn't a concept restricted to oil well accidents
    > or even 'man made' events.

    But what's the point of the comparison? You can't prevent a
    volcano from erupting.

    Jordon, Jul 30, 2010
  5. Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> pondered thusly:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2010-07-29, Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    >>> Whiskers wrote:

    >> [...]
    >>>
    >>> WTF? Comparing a man made accident dumping millions of
    >>> gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, to a volcano?

    >> "Environmental disaster" isn't a concept restricted to oil well
    >> accidents or even 'man made' events.

    > But what's the point of the comparison? You can't prevent a
    > volcano from erupting.

    Plus, volcanos erupted and made Hawaii...

    What, BP is going to have a marine oil gusher,
    and it makes a big gas station? Or something
    like Diddneylamb?

    I doubt it.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I'm not talking to the aliens

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 30, 2010