Re: Group pickup on grandstream ?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, May 15, 2008.

  1. In article <>,
    Jethro <> wrote:
    >Is it possible to configure a grandstream (we have 4 in the office) do group
    >pickup ?

    The easy answer is Yes, but it all depends on the PBX you have it
    connected to. If it's asterisk, then I can suggest ways (and there
    are also ways on the Grandstream website), if not, then you'll need to
    consult the documentation that comes with the PBX.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 15, 2008

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Jethro <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    : "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    : news:g0ht6f$2v1$...
    : > In article <>,
    : > Jethro <> wrote:
    : >>Is it possible to configure a grandstream (we have 4 in the office)
    : >>do group
    : >>pickup ?
    : >
    : > The easy answer is Yes, but it all depends on the PBX you have it
    : > connected to. If it's asterisk, then I can suggest ways (and there
    : > are also ways on the Grandstream website), if not, then you'll need
    : > to consult the documentation that comes with the PBX.
    : >
    : Puzzled. All 4 phones are plugged straight into the router ? No PBX.

    Then no. Group pickup is a PBX function, not an ATA function.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2008

  3. Gordon Henderson

    alexd Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:52:20 +0100, Jethro wrote:

    > Puzzled. All 4 phones are plugged straight into the router ? No PBX.

    Hint: they don't have to be physically plugged into a PBX to be using it.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()

    alexd, May 27, 2008