Re: "Grinding" Noise On PC Startup

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nick \(UK\), Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Nick \(UK\)

    Nick \(UK\) Guest

    "Kraftee" <> wrote in message
    > Nick (UK) wrote:
    > > Hope someone can help,
    > >
    > > As above really, every other time I boot my PC from cold this
    > > happens, could it be a fan failing?
    > >
    > > Any thoughts appreciated.
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Nick.

    > How about getting a screwdriver & checking

    I will certainly do that. Don't get me wrong I'm not being lazy or anything
    I'd just like to know what else it may be before I disconnect it all and
    crack the case.

    >if a fan is failing it could lead to all sorts of problems...

    When the PC starts up ok it sounds fine and runs fine, I power off straight
    away when the noise happens.

    Cheers,

    Nick.

    Nick \(UK\), Aug 26, 2003