Re: Great News For dSLR Users!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John McWilliams, Jan 28, 2009.

  1. C J Campbell wrote:
    > On 2009-01-28 02:44:51 -0800, "Larry Thong" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> The recent worldwide pricing increase has extended the 18-month rule
    >> to 24-months.

    > Depends. At the rate Nikon has been coming out with new bodies, maybe it
    > is only 6 months. But I expect my D3x to last at least 24 months. :)
    >
    > http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck

    As I said, there is no rule.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    Coach: "Are you just ignorant, or merely apathetic?"
    Player: "Coach, I don't know, and I don't care."

    John McWilliams, Jan 28, 2009

  2. John McWilliams

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:31:56 -0800, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >C J Campbell wrote:
    >> On 2009-01-28 02:44:51 -0800, "Larry Thong" <>
    >> said:
    >>
    >>> The recent worldwide pricing increase has extended the 18-month rule
    >>> to 24-months.

    >> Depends. At the rate Nikon has been coming out with new bodies, maybe it
    >> is only 6 months. But I expect my D3x to last at least 24 months. :)
    >>
    >> http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck
    >>

    >As I said, there is no rule.

    Sure there is, John. Anyone can set a rule, and Rita/Larry has set
    one. What you mean is that there is no rule that the rest of us need
    pay any attention to.

    I have some rules: Never eat okra, to check that my fly is closed
    before entering a crowded room, to never take anything that "Hemi"
    says as gospel, to disregard the photo critics that criticize
    everyone's photos, to count my change when I tender a large bill, to
    never open email from people who have investment opportunities for me,
    and to never walk barefooted to get the newspaper in the morning
    because of the dog walkers in the neighborhood.

    You are free to adopt rules of your own.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 28, 2009

  3. John McWilliams

    Pat Guest

    On Jan 28, 2:51 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:31:56 -0800, John McWilliams
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >C J Campbell wrote:

    > >> Depends. At the rate Nikon has been coming out with new bodies, maybe it
    > >> is only 6 months. But I expect my D3x to last at least 24 months. :)

    > >>http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck

    > >As I said, there is no rule.

    > Sure there is, John.  Anyone can set a rule, and Rita/Larry has set
    > one.  What you mean is that there is no rule that the rest of us need
    > pay any attention to.
    >
    > I have some rules:  Never eat okra, to check that my fly is closed
    > before entering a crowded room, to never take anything that "Hemi"
    > says as gospel, to disregard the photo critics that criticize
    > everyone's photos, to count my change when I tender a large bill, to
    > never open email from people who have investment opportunities for me,
    > and to never walk barefooted to get the newspaper in the morning
    > because of the dog walkers in the neighborhood.
    >
    > You are free to adopt rules of your own.
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Here's a new rule. You won't get a suntan in Buffalo in January.

    Pat, Jan 28, 2009
  4. tony cooper wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:31:56 -0800, John McWilliams
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> C J Campbell wrote:

    >>> Depends. At the rate Nikon has been coming out with new bodies, maybe it
    >>> is only 6 months. But I expect my D3x to last at least 24 months. :)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck
    >>>

    >> As I said, there is no rule.

    > Sure there is, John. Anyone can set a rule, and Rita/Larry has set
    > one. What you mean is that there is no rule that the rest of us need
    > pay any attention to.
    >
    > I have some rules: Never eat okra, to check that my fly is closed
    > before entering a crowded room, to never take anything that "Hemi"
    > says as gospel, to disregard the photo critics that criticize
    > everyone's photos, to count my change when I tender a large bill, to
    > never open email from people who have investment opportunities for me,
    > and to never walk barefooted to get the newspaper in the morning
    > because of the dog walkers in the neighborhood.
    >
    > You are free to adopt rules of your own.

    As are we all, and I have rather the same rules as you've stated, plus
    8,398 more.

    But Rita/Larry's use of the term means it's a phenomenon that's simply
    true, not merely something that he follows.
    There's scant proof that what he postulates is true.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jan 29, 2009