Re: Grandstream GXP2020 Replacement

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sam, Mar 27, 2010.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Orkibo writes:
    > I was wondering if anybody had any advice, first on how to get the
    > Grandstream working again so that I can save myself £120, and second on
    > what other manufacturers produce SIP Hardware phones which support at
    > least 6 sip providers, (registrations), conferencing and lines.
    >
    > I have looked at the "Siemens Gigaset S685IP DECT SIP Phone" and the
    > "Doro IP840c IP Phone", if anybody has any experience and feedback on
    > these items I'd be very appreciative if you could share it with me.

    Polycom SoundPoint IP 650. I have one, but I'm only using 3 lines at the
    moment. There's an expansion module for it which would give up to 12
    lines and the unused keys can be used to display contacts.

    Configuration is a bit of a pig initially, but okay once you get used to
    it. The web interface is very basic - provisioning via FTP is the
    preferred method. The config files let you tinker with a huge number of
    options.

    Let me know if you want any specific info on it.

    Sam, Mar 27, 2010