Re: Grandstream GXP2020 Replacement

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, Mar 27, 2010.

  1. In article <>,
    Orkibo <> wrote:
    >My GXP2020 hadn't been registering all 6 providers configured for quite
    >a while, it would register providers 1,2,3,4 and 6 OR 1,2,3 and 5, but
    >never all 6 and it'd been doing this for a few months.
    >
    >Yesterday, I attempted to restore to factory settings following the
    >manual instructions and when it completed I found myself receiving a 403
    >Forbidden error when I was attempting to access any of the settings
    >through the web control panel.

    Can you access it now? A factory reset involces typing in the MAC address
    into the phone...

    >I contacted Grandstream support to ask why this was and how I could fix
    >it and they simply blethered on about it being the fault of my service
    >provider, my router, the power supply or my ethernet cable, all of which
    >I checked and verified before contacting them.
    >
    >When I pointed out that I had checked all the hardware and the network,
    >they went silent and stopped responding to my emails, meaning that I
    >have a less than fully functional SIP Hardware phone.
    >
    >I have managed to get three SIP providers registered using the phone
    >configuration option, but that's as far as it will allow me to go so I
    >am in the market for a replacement in the same kind of price range.
    >
    >I was wondering if anybody had any advice, first on how to get the
    >Grandstream working again so that I can save myself £120, and second on
    >what other manufacturers produce SIP Hardware phones which support at
    >least 6 sip providers, (registrations), conferencing and lines.

    The issues I've seen with multiple registrations on Grandstream phones
    (and I've only used GXP2000's with 4 accounts) has been to make sure
    each account has a different port (5060, 5062, 5064, etc.) and then it's
    your router/firewall. Some don't seem to be able to cope with multiple
    ports to a single IP address and some have a built-in SIP ALG which
    usually needs to be turned off.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Mar 27, 2010

  2. In article <>,
    Orkibo <> wrote:
    >On 27/03/2010 09:33, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Orkibo <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Can you access it now? A factory reset involces typing in the MAC address
    >> into the phone...
    >>
    >> The issues I've seen with multiple registrations on Grandstream phones
    >> (and I've only used GXP2000's with 4 accounts) has been to make sure
    >> each account has a different port (5060, 5062, 5064, etc.) and then it's
    >> your router/firewall. Some don't seem to be able to cope with multiple
    >> ports to a single IP address and some have a built-in SIP ALG which
    >> usually needs to be turned off.
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >Hi Gordon,
    >
    >I can sign in to the phone without problems, but the advanced
    >configuration options all return 403 Forbidden errors, before the
    >restore, I was able to access everything without issue.
    >
    >I don't know exactly when it stopped playing with all 6 registrations,
    >but the one which was usually left out was IdeaSIP so I wasn't motivated
    >to investigate until yesterday when I attempted to add another paid
    >account and that wouldn't work in Account Slot #5 but would work fine in
    >Account Slot #6.
    >
    >I thought the factory reset was the best way to go and then simply
    >re-enter the settings for each account, but alas, it wasn't and has
    >instead made many of the configuration options beyond my reach thanks to
    >that 403 error in the web admin panel.

    Most odd - the only time I've seen a Grandstream phone return 403's
    before is when logged in as the user (default pass is usually 123)
    rather than admin (default pass admin)

    I wonder if somehow the firmware is broken - have you tried an update?
    (Although if you're locked out of the advanced screen, that's not going
    to be possible)

    I hate thrown good money away, but in this case it is quite bizarre.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Mar 27, 2010