    http://www.bedoper.com/reptilian

    And some other stuff
    http://www.bedoper.com/

    Walter Sickert, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Walter Sickert

    Bill Cleere Guest

    "Walter Sickert" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9519AD340F9CE123456@207.14.113.17...
    > "Bill Cleere" <> wrote in news:2kje7nF1afq9U1@uni-
    > berlin.de:
    >
    > > In a knife fight?
    > >

    > Remember Cinemaware's 'It Came From The Desert' for the Amiga?
    >
    > No?
    >
    > It had a knife fight sub-game in it. Now I'm all misty-eyed.

    Never had the pleasure of owning an Amiga. I went
    straight from Colecovision to the Mac.

    Bill Cleere, Jul 2, 2004

  3. "Bill Cleere" <> wrote in

    > "Walter Sickert" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bill Cleere" <> wrote in
    >> news:2kje7nF1afq9U1@uni- berlin.de:
    >>
    >> > In a knife fight?
    >> >

    >> Remember Cinemaware's 'It Came From The Desert' for the Amiga?
    >>
    >> No?
    >>
    >> It had a knife fight sub-game in it. Now I'm all misty-eyed.

    > Never had the pleasure of owning an Amiga. I went
    > straight from Colecovision to the Mac.

    I rooked some kid out of a Powermac last week. Traded him a Celeron
    machine someone gave me.

    I upgraded the OS and broke the thing dead. I think the Adam was more
    user-friendly.

    --
    "You're right. I was Bo Derek that night in Palermo."

    REPTILIAN WATCH WANTS TO EAT YOUR CHILDREN

    Curtis Blofeld, Jul 2, 2004
  4. "Bill Cleere" <> wrote in news:mO5Fc.1913$oD3.1575
    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > Never had the pleasure of owning an Amiga.

    My favorite stupid Amiga trick was emulating a Macintosh and a PC at the
    same time.

    Curtis Blofeld, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Walter Sickert

    Rebecca Ore Guest

    In article <Xns951A87C9235CF123456@207.14.113.17>,
    Curtis Blofeld <> wrote:

    > I rooked some kid out of a Powermac last week. Traded him a Celeron
    > machine someone gave me.

    If you got a G3, you would have to use 3rd party preinstallation
    software to put Panther on it (see www.XLR8yourMac.com for details).

    Jaguar has been okay enough for me. Also, original Mac Apple memory for
    G3s can be problematic.

    > I upgraded the OS and broke the thing dead. I think the Adam was more
    > user-friendly.

    If it's a G4, on the other hand, you obviously broke it and should send
    it to me.

    Rebecca Ore, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Rebecca Ore <> wrote in news:eek:goense.net-
    :

    > In article <Xns951A87C9235CF123456@207.14.113.17>,
    > Curtis Blofeld <> wrote:
    >

    >> I rooked some kid out of a Powermac last week. Traded him a Celeron
    >> machine someone gave me.

    > If you got a G3, you would have to use 3rd party preinstallation
    > software to put Panther on it (see www.XLR8yourMac.com for details).
    >
    > Jaguar has been okay enough for me. Also, original Mac Apple memory

    for
    > G3s can be problematic.

    The kid ain't THAT stupid. It's the pre-G3 PowerMac. It does have S-
    Video/audio in and out, which I like. Photoshop runs more smoothly in 96
    meg on it than it does with 256 meg on a PC.

    But I appreciate the advice. I didn't get any system software with it,
    but I downloaded the 8.6 upgrade, thinking it would fix some glitchy
    video/shutdown problems. There was also a ROM upgrade that I ignored, so
    maybe I should have read up on it, first.

    >> I upgraded the OS and broke the thing dead. I think the Adam was more
    >> user-friendly.

    > If it's a G4, on the other hand, you obviously broke it and should send
    > it to me.

    Heh. I can send you this lunk of crap for shipping, which should be
    roughly $800, judging by the weight of it.

    Curtis Blofeld, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Walter Sickert

    Rebecca Ore Guest

    In article <Xns951AA4EB595E7123456@207.14.113.17>,
    Curtis Blofeld <> wrote:

    > Rebecca Ore <> wrote in news:eek:goense.net-
    > :
    >
    > > In article <Xns951A87C9235CF123456@207.14.113.17>,
    > > Curtis Blofeld <> wrote:
    > >

    > >> I rooked some kid out of a Powermac last week. Traded him a Celeron
    > >> machine someone gave me.

    > > If you got a G3, you would have to use 3rd party preinstallation
    > > software to put Panther on it (see www.XLR8yourMac.com for details).
    > >
    > > Jaguar has been okay enough for me. Also, original Mac Apple memory

    > for
    > > G3s can be problematic.

    > The kid ain't THAT stupid. It's the pre-G3 PowerMac. It does have S-
    > Video/audio in and out, which I like. Photoshop runs more smoothly in 96
    > meg on it than it does with 256 meg on a PC.

    I got a G3 for $110 and then had to put things into it, but it works
    well enough with GraphicConverter, which I paid for. I use a card
    reader to pull the images off a SmartMedia card from my Olly (ob
    rec.photo.digital though I won't see this there since it's crossposted).

    > But I appreciate the advice. I didn't get any system software with it,
    > but I downloaded the 8.6 upgrade, thinking it would fix some glitchy
    > video/shutdown problems. There was also a ROM upgrade that I ignored, so
    > maybe I should have read up on it, first.

    ROM upgrades first, then OS upgrades. Will it run OS 9.1?

    > >> I upgraded the OS and broke the thing dead. I think the Adam was more
    > >> user-friendly.

    > > If it's a G4, on the other hand, you obviously broke it and should send
    > > it to me.

    > Heh. I can send you this lunk of crap for shipping, which should be
    > roughly $800, judging by the weight of it.

    Nope, I've got a Sparc5-170 in the closet that I need a scsi CD-ROM
    drive for, so if you have truly broken it, you can sent me that for an
    autographed copy of the book HarperCollins remaindered.

    Rebecca Ore, Jul 3, 2004
  8. Rebecca Ore <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns951AA4EB595E7123456@207.14.113.17>,
    > Curtis Blofeld <> wrote:
    >
    >> Rebecca Ore <> wrote in news:eek:goense.net-
    >> :

    >> > If you got a G3, you would have to use 3rd party preinstallation
    >> > software to put Panther on it (see www.XLR8yourMac.com for
    >> > details).
    >> >
    >> > Jaguar has been okay enough for me. Also, original Mac Apple
    >> > memory

    >> for
    >> > G3s can be problematic.

    >> The kid ain't THAT stupid. It's the pre-G3 PowerMac. It does have S-
    >> Video/audio in and out, which I like. Photoshop runs more smoothly in
    >> 96 meg on it than it does with 256 meg on a PC.

    > I got a G3 for $110 and then had to put things into it, but it works
    > well enough with GraphicConverter, which I paid for. I use a card
    > reader to pull the images off a SmartMedia card from my Olly (ob
    > rec.photo.digital though I won't see this there since it's
    > crossposted).

    That sounds like a good deal. But I think you're becoming a Mac addict.

    ; )

    >> But I appreciate the advice. I didn't get any system software with
    >> it, but I downloaded the 8.6 upgrade, thinking it would fix some
    >> glitchy video/shutdown problems. There was also a ROM upgrade that I
    >> ignored, so maybe I should have read up on it, first.

    > ROM upgrades first, then OS upgrades.

    Right. And I should know better.

    > Will it run OS 9.1?+

    I'm amazed, but Google says yes.

    "The 8600 initialy sold for $2,700."

    Hahahahaha!

    >> > If it's a G4, on the other hand, you obviously broke it and should
    >> > send it to me.

    >> Heh. I can send you this lunk of crap for shipping, which should be
    >> roughly $800, judging by the weight of it.

    > Nope, I've got a Sparc5-170 in the closet that I need a scsi CD-ROM
    > drive for, so if you have truly broken it, you can sent me that for an
    > autographed copy of the book HarperCollins remaindered.

    Well, let me try and revivify it, first. Besides, I'm a dangerous stalker
    and outer, especially dangerous to women like Kevin and Jet.

    Curtis Blofeld, Jul 3, 2004