Re: Googling for a 403

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thund3rstruck, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. longshotjohn7 Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <7UvYa.38$2.webusenet.com>:

    > Don't open this link. The site has been blocked by the Feds.
    >
    > home.earthlink.net/~landerfam/403.html
    >
    > If you do your ip will be recorded by Homeland Security. Here's the
    > skinny.
    >
    > I went to a site I had been to before, www.napjunk.net to do some
    > AnalogX security issue searches and I got a HTTP Error 403 -
    > Forbidden .
    >
    > I pasted the error into Google and the link we aren't supposed to
    > click on
    > was the first hit. I clicked on it to find , possibly, some more
    > info on
    > the error code. There was a warning then that my ip has been
    > recorded by
    > Homeland Security and that any further tries to access the site I
    > would be
    > investigated by the Feds. Comments welcome on this 403 issue.

    IMO?

    Doubtful. You see, in Apache you can specify different than
    standard 40x pages. I suspect that the guy who created this site, did
    just this to try to combat some "attempts."

    Actually, my old 404 page said something close to that. <G>

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck, Aug 7, 2003