Re: Googling for a 403

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    There's nothing sinister there.

    Fetching http://home.earthlink.net/~landerfam/
    GET /~landerfam/ HTTP/1.1
    Host: home.earthlink.net
    Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
    Last-Modified: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:10:42 GMT

    <head>
    <title>Andrew Lander's Deceptively Simple Website</title>
    </head>

    It redirects to the 403.html page, which is just...

    <head>
    <title>Error 403: Forbidden</title>
    <!--
    defaultStatus = "This is a political art prank.
    It is a protest of the USA PATRIOT ACT and the war on Iraq
    specifically, and the so-called 'War on Terror' in general.
    The United States is neither a democracy nor a republic."
    //-->
    </head>

    This website has been blocked pending investigation by order of
    the United States Department of Homeland Security.<br>
    Your IP address has been recorded, and further attempts to access
    material on this site may subject you to federal subpoena, search,
    detention and/or prosecution.<br>

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:09:36 -0500, in
    <7UvYa.38$2.webusenet.com>
    longshotjohn7 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 7, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    > There's nothing sinister there.

    I bet you tell everyone how the magician does his tricks ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 7, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:14:54 +0100, in
    <bgu4up$sbj5l$-berlin.de>
    slumpy scrawled:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    >
    >> There's nothing sinister there.

    >I bet you tell everyone how the magician does his tricks ;-)

    But doesn't everybody already know?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 7, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    bb3 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:19:13 GMT, in
    > <BKwYa.91334$>
    > bb3 scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> There's nothing sinister there.
    > >>
    > >> Fetching http://home.earthlink.net/~landerfam/
    > >> GET /~landerfam/ HTTP/1.1
    > >> Host: home.earthlink.net
    > >> Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
    > >> Last-Modified: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:10:42 GMT

    > >> <head>
    > >> <title>Andrew Lander's Deceptively Simple Website</title>
    > >> </head>
    > >>

    > >> It redirects to the 403.html page, which is just...

    > >> <head>
    > >> <title>Error 403: Forbidden</title>
    > >> <!--
    > >> defaultStatus = "This is a political art prank.
    > >> It is a protest of the USA PATRIOT ACT and the war on Iraq
    > >> specifically, and the so-called 'War on Terror' in general.
    > >> The United States is neither a democracy nor a republic."
    > >> //-->
    > >> </head>

    > >> This website has been blocked pending investigation by order of
    > >> the United States Department of Homeland Security.<br>
    > >> Your IP address has been recorded, and further attempts to access
    > >> material on this site may subject you to federal subpoena, search,
    > >> detention and/or prosecution.<br>

    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

    > Sam Spade for Windows
    > http://www.samspade.org/ssw/

    Thanks Mike.

    bb3, Aug 7, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    >>> There's nothing sinister there.

    >> I bet you tell everyone how the magician does his tricks ;-)

    > But doesn't everybody already know?

    Well *I* do....;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 7, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:42:27 GMT, in
    <n4xYa.91375$>
    bb3 scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:19:13 GMT, in
    >> <BKwYa.91334$>
    >> bb3 scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> >Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

    >> Sam Spade for Windows
    >> http://www.samspade.org/ssw/
    >>

    >Thanks Mike.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 7, 2003
  7. °Mike°

    Boomer Guest

    "bb3" <> wrote in

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> There's nothing sinister there.

    [snip]

    Boomer, Aug 7, 2003
  8. °Mike° wrote:

    >>> Sam Spade for Windows
    >>> http://www.samspade.org/ssw/

    yep, thanx,,,,,,,at least I know that they won't be coming to take me away
    ho-ho-ha-ha-hee-hee for awhile yet...to the funny farm--where life is
    beautiful all the time....(what key is that in for the guitar?)

    "sorry, Slumpy, he is still out and about"

    (;o)
    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Aug 7, 2003
  9. °Mike°

    bb3 Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "bb3" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> There's nothing sinister there.

    <snip>

    > > Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

    > View> Source can also work to get the above

    DOH! I didn't even think about that. Thanks dear.

    bb3, Aug 7, 2003
  10. °Mike°

    Boomer Guest

    "bb3" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "bb3" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >> >
    >> > Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above
    >> > accomplished?

    >> View> Source can also work to get the above
    >>

    > DOH! I didn't even think about that. Thanks dear.

    Welcome, darling. ;-)

    Boomer, Aug 7, 2003
  11. "bb3" <> wrote:

    >"Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "bb3" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    ><snip>
    >> >
    >> > Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

    >> View> Source can also work to get the above
    >>

    >DOH! I didn't even think about that. Thanks dear.

    Viewing the source won't show the GET data that Spade's safe browser
    (et al) does.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003