Re: Google Chrome... isn't as bad as they say

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by elaich, Jul 18, 2009.

  1. elaich

    elaich Guest

    Muse Gruppe <> wrote in news:h3rd6e$bnv$1
    @news.albasani.net:

    > using google Chrome on Vista Sp2, and it really isn't so bad of a memory
    > muncher as people say, 4 tabs open in chrome are equaling memory usage
    > of thunderbird
    >
    > *fingers crossed*

    Those who say it is bad are not worried about memory. They are worried
    about the fact that Google will stop at nothing to get their slimy little
    tentacles inside your computer. Offering tons of 'free' apps works
    admirably. Meanwhile, they are watching and tracking everything you do
    online.

    elaich, Jul 18, 2009

  2. Rôgêr <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >Google keeps a record of every search you do, indexed against your IP
    >and which ISP you were using. They never delete it. gmail messages are
    >kept forever, whether you like it or not, and yes, they are

    searchable.
    >For any reason do you suspect that Chrome is not going to give them a
    >huge amount of personally identifiable information about you?

    A) Thats their buisness model.
    B) You know how to get around that, right?

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 18, 2009

  3. elaich

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:14:31 -0700, Steve wrote:

    > In article <h3rn71$nr5$>,
    > says...
    >> elaich wrote:
    >> > Muse Gruppe <> wrote in news:h3rd6e$bnv$1
    >> > @news.albasani.net:

    >> > Those who say it is bad are not worried about memory. They are
    >> > worried about the fact that Google will stop at nothing to get their
    >> > slimy little tentacles inside your computer. Offering tons of 'free'
    >> > apps works admirably. Meanwhile, they are watching and tracking
    >> > everything you do online.

    >> so Google is basically Satan?
    >>
    >> or the Church of Scientology?
    >>
    >> PLEASE be specific, I mean.... ok if they are, what are they doing with
    >> it? if it's all Ad revenue relate, who really gives a shit?
    >>

    > Sheep shouldn't give a shit about anything. They're only useful for
    > sweaters and lamb chops.

    Unless the sheep happen to be in Wales, where the natives apparently have
    another use for them.

    Aardvark, Jul 18, 2009
  4. elaich

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:40:22 -0700, Steve wrote:

    > In article <gQn8m.16939$2>,
    > says...
    >> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:14:31 -0700, Steve wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article <h3rn71$nr5$>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Sheep shouldn't give a shit about anything. They're only useful for
    >> > sweaters and lamb chops.
    >> >

    >> Unless the sheep happen to be in Wales, where the natives apparently
    >> have another use for them.
    >>

    > I've heard the Welsh have descendants in Wyoming.

    Just because somebody shags sheep it doesn't mean they're Welsh, although
    the inverse is almost always true.

    Aardvark, Jul 18, 2009
  5. elaich

    elaich Guest

    Steve <> wrote in news:MPG.24cbc4fdc3dbbde59896b0
    @news.supernews.com:

    > I've heard the Welsh have descendants in Wyoming.

    And in Australia.

    elaich, Jul 19, 2009