Re: Google Chrome Integrates Flash

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Abraham Stinkin, Jun 29, 2010.

  1. In article <>,
    Rocky <> wrote:
    >Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
    >browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
    >and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    >
    >Read more : http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

    I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
    Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
    like Opera, IE and so on.

    On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a bullet,
    lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything else other
    than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've never done lynx
    you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.

    Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say Goggle
    groups does ~ that would be swell.

    Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
    I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
    30th time.

    Signed
    Crusty old coffin dodger still stuck in the 90s.

    --
    "Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver
    ³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³
    Abraham Stinkin, Jun 29, 2010

  2. >In article <>,
    >Rocky <> wrote:
    >>Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
    >>browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
    >>and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    >>
    >>Read more : http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

    [if I might add]

    Quote from that link:
    'In a hands-on test of Flash 10.1 on Android, PCWorld found it to be
    "quite good" with "amazing" speeds.'

    Woooo, there's the incentive.

    Abraham Stinkin, Jun 29, 2010

  3. Abraham Stinkin

    chuckcar Guest

    Abraham Stinkin <ééééÃ.¤@¤.ééééÃ> wrote in

    > In article
    > <>,
    > Rocky <> wrote:
    >>Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
    >>browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
    >>and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    >>
    >>Read more : http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

    > I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
    > Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
    > like Opera, IE and so on.
    >
    > On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a
    > bullet, lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything
    > else other than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've
    > never done lynx you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using
    > it occasionaly.

    No, There's others. But only people familiar with linux. The windoze
    migrants have no idea. They want their X to look like XP. Makes one wonder
    what the point is.

    > Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say
    > Goggle groups does ~ that would be swell.

    You download and save the picture. Then view it. With whatever you want.
    zgv is my choice.

    > Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
    > I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
    > 30th time.

    How do you update it when the websites stop supporting 10 is my question.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 29, 2010
  4. Abraham Stinkin

    Rocky Guest

    On Jun 29, 7:09 am, Abraham Stinkin <éééé . @ .éééé > wrote:
    > In article <..com>,
    >
    > Rocky  <> wrote:
    > >Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
    > >browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
    > >and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

    > >Read more :http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

    > I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
    > Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
    > like Opera, IE and so on.
    >
    > On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a bullet,
    > lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything else other
    > than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've never done lynx
    > you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.
    >
    > Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say Goggle
    > groups does ~ that would be swell.
    >
    > Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
    > I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
    > 30th time.
    >
    > Signed
    > Crusty old coffin dodger still stuck in the 90s.
    >
    > --
    > "Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver
    > In Washington at 206-339-1309                        frogs at vrx dot net

    since you are long time user of lynx and your experience,
    i would say, no. i myself find chrome not that user-friendly.
    it has issues like page time-outs, unnecessary memory clogging
    [lots of instances for each tab opened, hate that]

    i like it's look.. that's awesome.. obviously it's a good thing that
    they integrated the flash.

    you can try it out and make up your mind!
    Rocky
    Rocky, Jun 29, 2010
  5. "Rocky" <> wrote in message
    On Jun 29, 7:09 am, Abraham Stinkin <éééé . @ .éééé > wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > Rocky <> wrote:
    > >Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
    > >browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
    > >and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

    > >Read more :http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

    > I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
    > Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
    > like Opera, IE and so on.
    >
    > On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a bullet,
    > lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything else other
    > than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've never done lynx
    > you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.
    >
    > Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say Goggle
    > groups does ~ that would be swell.
    >
    > Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
    > I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
    > 30th time.
    >
    > Signed
    > Crusty old coffin dodger still stuck in the 90s.
    >
    > --
    > "Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver
    > In Washington at 206-339-1309 frogs at vrx dot net

    since you are long time user of lynx and your experience,
    i would say, no. i myself find chrome not that user-friendly.
    it has issues like page time-outs, unnecessary memory clogging
    [lots of instances for each tab opened, hate that]

    i like it's look.. that's awesome.. obviously it's a good thing that
    they integrated the flash.

    you can try it out and make up your mind!
    Rocky

    ~~~

    Grrr, I hate this damn OE newsreader...no quotes now and then for some
    reason
    Anyway...it's me "Abe" and yes I will try it out. I expect a quicker machine
    than this clunky old Thinkpad would give me a better idea. That'll be a Xmas
    request however.

    Thanks for the fup.

    --
    Abe "Stinkin'"
    Mad as a Box of Frogs, Jul 4, 2010
  6. In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Mad as a Box of Frogs wrote:

    > Grrr, I hate this damn OE newsreader...no quotes now and then for some
    > reason

    It is because you are replying to a Google Group post. Google made some
    kind of change or update to their composing pages a couple years ago,
    and ever since then Outlook Express refuses to insert the proper quote
    marks and/or to add one to previously quoted material.

    OE will never be fixed for this, so the viable suggestion is to "get a
    better newsreader." :)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2010
  7. Abraham Stinkin

    thanatoid Guest

    Abraham Stinkin <ééééÃ.¤@¤.ééééÃ> wrote in

    > I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far.

    I wouldn't ever TRY it.

    > Hate
    > bloatware Firefox

    Amen.

    > but the addons hath me hooked.

    Ahh. like things made easy for you, huh? I guess that's why you
    say that...

    >I completely won't do like Opera

    I /assume/ that curios conglomeration of words means you do NOT
    like Opera. Oh well, too bad for you.

    >, IE and so on.

    Putting Opera and IE in the same sentence should be a punishable
    crime. For now, it's just a quick idiot radar.

    > On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast
    > as a bullet, lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or
    > much of anything else other than the straight goods for
    > reading and info. If you've never done lynx you must. I'm
    > likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.

    I use it once in a while.
    WHAT was wrong with IRC, Usenet, ftp and email? Stupid fucking
    web.

    > Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff
    > like say Goggle groups does ~ that would be swell.

    Again, your English is peculiar, but whatever the **** you mean,
    you should try OffByOne. It's Like Lynx with the basic web
    content - no Flash, no javascript, simple page rendering - and
    yet some features "major" browsers lack.

    > Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do
    > what for me? I'm looking for some incentive here before I
    > install it again for the 30th time.

    It will allow you to watch moron teenagers post "jackass" type
    crap on YouShit. You should uninstall Chrome. Anyone running a
    browser made by MS or Google (and Adobe [or Corel] after they
    kill enough other companies to have time to do something
    constructive) should have their head examined.

    --
    Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us
    what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like
    thanatoid, Jul 5, 2010